SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2003, 05:50 PM   #1
71_307
71_307 is on a distinguished road

Default 94 Seat belt motor

just wondering what fuse can i remove to stop those damn seat belts. I want to just leave them in the locked position and just have to buckel up manualy.???????

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 71_307's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 71_307 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2003, 08:33 PM   #2
wolfman
wolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of light

Would'nt recommend it, but if you insist, when the belts are where you want them, pull the PREST fuse in the in car fuse box.

Old Saturns never die, people KILL them, so check your damn oil!
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." Albert Einstein

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wolfman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wolfman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-23-2003, 10:05 PM   #3
Saturn-Eh!
Saturn-Eh! is on a distinguished road

Just to make sure that you know:

The seatbelt track is only reinforced to withstand a collision where the belt is in the full rearward (and downward) position. If the belt is anywhere above this, it could potentially rip out of it's track in an accident. Make sure the belts are stopped here if you decide (I don't recommend it either) to disable them.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturn-Eh!'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn-Eh! reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-25-2003, 12:30 AM   #4
JPN0731
JPN0731 is on a distinguished road

Do you have those metal things that clip into the seatbelt track near the driver's door? I used to have my seatbelt clipped into that because I hated the stupid motorized belt...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JPN0731's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JPN0731 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-26-2003, 10:46 PM   #5
71_307
71_307 is on a distinguished road

ya i have one of those but only one so i guess its a dealer part??? so if i click it in how do i unclick it if i want my motor seat belts back????????

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 71_307's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 71_307 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-26-2003, 11:20 PM   #6
Saturn-Eh!
Saturn-Eh! is on a distinguished road

Clipping in the temp. anchor is a peice of cake - just put the anchor in the track and shoce downward until it clicks into place.

Removing it is more tricky. It requires pulling back the front of the b pillar molding around the track, and releasing the catch (a small screwdriver works great) in the seatbelt track that holds the anchor in place.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturn-Eh!'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn-Eh! reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread