SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2017, 11:36 AM   #1
Nekomimi
Nekomimi is on a distinguished road

1996 SL1
Default Can I run an indicater light through the range-switch test leads

As the title suggests, I'm wanting to run a light through the test circuit.
So I will always know if its in the right "D" position or not by having an led on the dash.

So, can I put current through it, if so, how much, or is it already powered?

This switch,.. I don't like this switch, and it doesn't like me.

'96 SL1 Originally the family car, passed on to me as my first. "Hellcat" 226,000+ miles and purring smooth.My Mug is filled with the lost souls of imports.
I Want SAAB Soccerballs. But they're 4x115

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Nekomimi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Nekomimi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Nekomimi is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2017, 11:41 AM   #2
toggenburg
Master Member
toggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to behold

Location: Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Bedford, Virginia

2001 SL1
Default Re: Can I run an indicater light through the range-switch test leads

Is it that you are having an issue trying to make sure if you are in P, R, N, D + and your selector bulbs are burnt out or you are not quite dead-on the gear position?

That selector switch is adjustable to ensure you are exactly on where you want it to be.

Try this RichPin video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjwxw8A08Sw

Thanks RICH!

Last edited by toggenburg; 10-27-2017 at 11:49 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to toggenburg's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help toggenburg reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
toggenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 01:45 PM   #3
Nekomimi
Nekomimi is on a distinguished road

1996 SL1

Mine slowly changes position over time, / is never 100% where its supposed to be even after adjustments, ive fought this every time done all sorts of things. Its also held on by one bolt, I popped the other one long ago, and its not any shape or form practical to get at and remove it. There's also a ridiculous amount if play between the shaft and the part that rotates witch causes ridiculous inconsistencies in position detection because its never going to land in the same place twice.

So I was thinking I'll put a light connected to the "D" continuity circuit so I'll know where it is all the time ^ .^

'96 SL1 Originally the family car, passed on to me as my first. "Hellcat" 226,000+ miles and purring smooth.My Mug is filled with the lost souls of imports.
I Want SAAB Soccerballs. But they're 4x115

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Nekomimi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Nekomimi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Nekomimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:02 PM   #4
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

Use an LED and low voltage source.

Cut a slot in broken bolt and get it out with screw driver. Be sure to smack the bolt repeatedly multiple sharp blows before atempting to screw it out.

A replacement range switch is not a bad idea either, P&P has plenty of them.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote