SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2008, 10:10 AM   #1
Northwood
Northwood is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 2.2L
Default fuel milleage qusetions

I know this has probley been asked a million times, but at what RPM or "sweet spot" does the vue get its best fuel mil. my previous car did not run at the rpms this motor does, i have a 5 speed and was just trying to get a feel for it.
thank you

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Northwood's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Northwood reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Northwood is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2008, 11:18 PM   #2
Tom92SCm
Master Member
Tom92SCm has a spectacular aura aboutTom92SCm has a spectacular aura about

2004 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: fuel milleage qusetions

Whatever engine speed correlates to about 60 mph. Roughly, anyway. Crank it up north of 70-75 mph, and mileage drops quickly. I've drained at least a dozen tanks of gas at these speeds and have always got around 22ish mpgs.

Not a Saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tom92SCm's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tom92SCm reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tom92SCm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:06 PM   #3
VTchemist
VTchemist is a jewel in the roughVTchemist is a jewel in the roughVTchemist is a jewel in the roughVTchemist is a jewel in the rough

2003 VUE 3.0L

The best mpg will be obtained at the lowest reasonable speed in the highest gear you can operate (without lugging the engine).

Drag is the real killer of mpg. The drag increases as the square of the speed. So the drag at 80 mph is 4 times that at 40 mph (generally).

So, doing the posted speed limit is the best for mpg. But you may get run over by traffic.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VTchemist's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VTchemist reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VTchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:42 PM   #4
SaturnVUE04
SaturnVUE04 is on a distinguished road

I've found if you average about 55 it's the best. At 55 it's turning about 2500 RPMS which gave me my only tank of 31ish.
-Joe

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnVUE04's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnVUE04 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnVUE04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:23 PM   #5
riller
riller is on a distinguished road

I have a V6 3.5 and my sweet spot seems to be about 1700 RPM going about 95Km/H. But normally I make it at 2000RPM.

Normally try not to go over 2000RPM on overdrive in order to have best fuel economy.

http://honest-paid-survey-reviews.blogspot.com
2007 FWD V6 (pings at times but what can I do)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to riller's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help riller reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
riller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:43 PM   #6
kodak_jack
Advanced Member
kodak_jack is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L

The 3.5 and Auto tranny like 1700 RPM. That means getting to around 50MPH and letting it shift into overdrive. You're also in the frigid North with many of us and temperature has more of an effect than anything. Once you're below 60F, mileage drops.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kodak_jack's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kodak_jack reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kodak_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:44 PM   #7
chillin05VUE
chillin05VUE is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L

I found my VUE loves to sit around 1500- 1700 rpms while cruising at 60-65mph. I have noticed that since the cold weather sat in, I do get less milage out of mine then when it was warmer.

One thing that you should do is keep an eye one the air filter. If it's clogged, the computer will adjust to use more fuel if the filter is clogged up. Trust me, I know from experience. Also, keep the tire pressure up. Don't carry unneeded weight in the vehicle. And if you have a cargo box on top, get that off when not needed. Believe it or not, driving with the A/C on is better then having the windows open while driving on the freeway. Having the windows open creates drag by having the wind pushing on the inside of the car and slowing it down.

So, enjoy your VUE and happy motoring........

"Remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" -Red Green

2005 VUE V6 AWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to chillin05VUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help chillin05VUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
chillin05VUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:45 AM   #8
montrealvue
Advanced Member
montrealvue is on a distinguished road

Just calculated my mileage over the last 10,000 km with my 2006 V6; 23.2 US mpg. Based on 60% highway and 40% city. Overall I am pretty happy with those numbers. As said above, my Vue seems to be most efficient under 1800 rpm or 65-70 mph.
With winter around the corner, I expect a 15 to 20% drop.....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to montrealvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help montrealvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
montrealvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:02 AM   #9
verucalise
verucalise will become famous soon enoughverucalise will become famous soon enough

2002 VUE 2.2L

My '02 Vue (4-cylinder, standard tranny) hates ANY speed above 65. I can get normally, about 420 miles to a full tank of gas which equals 28MPG, but as soon as the speed gets to about 70MPH or above, it almost sounds like the transmission needs one more gear to shift into.

If I go 70mph, my mileage goes from 400-420 a tank way down to 320-340!

My suggestion is, if on a major interstate and you don't want to lag around at 65mph for the mileage, just jump it up to 70 and press cruise. If you are just driving around town or locally - I've found my biggest gas saver is just not romping on the gas during start up speed, just taking my time as long as there is no one behind me. I might take an extra 5-10 minutes, but I reap the rewards. I follow when my car tells me to shift, and make sure air pressures and such are all A-OK on my car. Nothing helps your car more than keeping up on it's servicing

"Two Roads Diverged In Yellow Wood, And I--
Took The One Less Traveled By...
And, That Has Made All The Difference." ~Robert Frost

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to verucalise's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help verucalise reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
verucalise is offline   Reply With Quote