SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 06:53 PM   #1
ar04
ar04 is on a distinguished road

Dizzy paint question

I posted this query to the L forum and thought I would cross-post it here too as I have seen much useful technical information on this one:

Hi Folks,

I have an LW 200, 2002 model year (39000km/24000 miles), that I bought new. I have found that the paint on the hood has quite a few paint chips (down to steel). I drive on gravel roads daily, which is surely where the chips are coming from. I have two queries:

1. Is the touch-up paint from Saturn sufficient to tidy up the chips, or should I look into repainting the hood eventually;

2. Has anyone had a similar problem? Previously to this car I had an '89 Toyota Celica that I drove on the same roads daily and I never had any paint chip off, so it seems to me that the paint on my car is not up to Toyota standards (at least their '89 standards!). It 'looks' like wear, of course, which makes it difficult to try for warranty coverage. Has anyone heard of this being an issue with that model year (or any other?)?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ar04's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ar04 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2004, 07:25 PM   #2
dcp
Advanced Member
dcp is on a distinguished road

1998 SL2
Default Re: paint question

Saturns touch-up paint should be sufficient for your chips.A tip-use a paper match torn from a book of matches for touch-up,it works good!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dcp's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dcp reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-30-2004, 10:41 PM   #3
spoot146
spoot146 is on a distinguished road

2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: paint question

Saturn paint has a flexative added to it ( plastic panels bend, so paint must also). Hence very soft paint, easily chipped. Get the touch up, but be careful I have a couple of blobs on my 01 L200. I never have heard of the match trick before. Will have to see about that.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spoot146's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spoot146 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread