SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2006, 10:01 PM   #101
davidsky
Master Member
davidsky will become famous soon enoughdavidsky will become famous soon enough

2005 ION-1 Sedan
Default Re: Will GM be able to sell the outlook in the >$32k market

Quote:
I like Honda's and still own one, but will I ever own a Acura? Not likely, because its obvious to anyone with half a brain most of Acura's vehicles are over priced rebaged of Honda's. The TL is an Accord with the exact same features for a few thousand more. The bigger SUV they sell is also an over priced Pilot.
The RL and TL are a bit larger and more luxurious than the Accord. The TSX is sportier than either the Accord or Civic.

Member of the Crank Window Club

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to davidsky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help davidsky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
davidsky is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2006, 10:26 PM   #102
saturn_69
Master Member
saturn_69 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMAN View Post
Let see here; Hyundai Motor America has sold 418,155 through Nov 06 compared to Saturn's 187,499. those number are better than Saturn and Buick (206,582) combined.
Granted, Hyundai Motor America offers more models and will offer 2008 Veracruz to go headup with the Outlook. That should end the Outlook/Santa Fe debate.

Hyundai Motors didn't get there overnight in the US and neither will Saturn, but hopefully the Outlook will be able to hold its own in this market. GM has gotten away from the mini-van and hopefully there will be enough Outlooks out there to sway people before the likes of Toyota and Honda gets there.
Hyundai has a lot more dealerships than Saturn has retailers, and they actually advertise. Also, they're one company, Saturn is only one division of a company. It sounds like I'm making excuses for Saturn, and maybe I am, but they don't have the network Hyundai does. Which is a shame. I think the newer Hyundais look nice, and yes, they're loaded, but I can't bring myself to like them enough to own one. There's just something about them that turns me off. Perhaps it's the deal with Satan they made to go, practically overnight, from rolling toasters to where they are now. It's just not natural.

"That government is best which governs not at all; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have" - H.D. Thoreau

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturn_69's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturn_69 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturn_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 09:04 AM   #103
K-1
Master Member
K-1 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn_69 View Post
There's just something about them that turns me off. Perhaps it's the deal with Satan they made to go, practically overnight, from rolling toasters to where they are now. It's just not natural.
If Bruce Shibuya is satan, then yeah, they made deal. It's amazing how your quality goes up when you steal the control practices from the industry's best. (link)

Toyota: Moving Forward... off a cliff at a high rate of speed.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to K-1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help K-1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
K-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 09:57 AM   #104
saturn_69
Master Member
saturn_69 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-1 View Post
If Bruce Shibuya is satan, then yeah, they made deal. It's amazing how your quality goes up when you steal the control practices from the industry's best. (link)
Yeah. But what's really sad is an American taught Toyota their manufacturing methods.

"That government is best which governs not at all; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have" - H.D. Thoreau

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturn_69's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturn_69 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturn_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 11:41 AM   #105
1995 SC2
1995 SC2 is on a distinguished road

Happy Re: Will GM be able to sell the outlook in the >$32k market

Hyundai Motors didn't get there overnight in the US and neither will Saturn, but hopefully the Outlook will be able to hold its own in this market. GM has gotten away from the mini-van and hopefully there will be enough Outlooks out there to sway people before the likes of Toyota and Honda gets there.

Sorry to tell you that Toyota and Honda are already "There!" Toyota and Honda are very well Established in the SUV Category! Even Hyundai has attracted ALOT OF BUYERS over the last few Years! After my SC2 is gone I'm already looking at a Honda EXP! $27,000 for a Base Outlook? Who is Saturn kidding?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 1995 SC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 1995 SC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
1995 SC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 11:57 AM   #106
hedges1
hedges1 is on a distinguished road

The person who compares the Pilot to the Outlook just isn't paying attention.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hedges1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hedges1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hedges1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 12:24 PM   #107
uboys
uboys is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1995 SC2 View Post

Sorry to tell you that Toyota and Honda are already "There!" Toyota and Honda are very well Established in the SUV Category! Even Hyundai has attracted ALOT OF BUYERS over the last few Years! After my SC2 is gone I'm already looking at a Honda EXP! $27,000 for a Base Outlook? Who is Saturn kidding?
You pay for what you get. The Element is no Outlook. Sorry to burst your bubble:

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to uboys's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help uboys reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
uboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 12:37 PM   #108
uboys
uboys is on a distinguished road

Not to mention the Pilot, which falls short in so many ways:

Entry to the rear:

Space behind the rear seats:

And on and on in every measure.
I don't know what you're paying for, but it sure isn't capability or content.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to uboys's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help uboys reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
uboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 01:24 PM   #109
DeMAN
Advanced Member
DeMAN is on a distinguished road

1995 SC2

Quote:
I don't know what you're paying for, but it sure isn't capability or content.
You are paying for the "NAME"

Toyota/Lexus, Honda/Acura, Nissan/Infiniti are not better vehicles, but there "NAME" and "STATUS" to the car buying public is what sells.

Hyundai Motors has created a strong "VALUE BRAND"

Quote:
Hyundai has a lot more dealerships than Saturn has retailers, and they actually advertise. Also, they're one company, Saturn is only one division of a company. It sounds like I'm making excuses for Saturn, and maybe I am, but they don't have the network Hyundai does.
I don't know about your area but its one and one here. The next one of either dealer are approx 65 miles away in one direction and >90 miles away in other direction.

I also don't buy the "dealership" issue either. The closest Lexus dealer here is approx 90 miles away but the are all over the place here, and so is the Infiniti.
People will drive if they want a certain car.

Hyundai now has Kia under there flag, so there is more than just one brand.
Chevy under the GM brand has sold 5X the amount of vehicles as Hyundai and >10X the amount Saturn. I can go on and on............

Chevy dealerships though do out number the both Saturn and Hyundai by at least 10:1 and maybe more. Parts are share between other models. This would actually help Saturn if people could walk into a Chevy or Pontiac dealer and buy Saturn parts.

WE will just have to hope that Saturn as a whole will have a sucessful launch of there new line.

DeMAN

95 SC2
97 Grand Prix GTP
06 Acura TL

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DeMAN's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DeMAN reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DeMAN is offline   Reply With Quote