SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2006, 11:59 PM   #41
SaturnVUE04
SaturnVUE04 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: GMC Acadia revealed!

You don't really NEED premium. Some cases it's required, but most cars just reccomend premium. I know and I've read the discussions, and know the facts. My mom's Volvo XC90 (5cyl, turbocharged) is reccomended premium, but we use regular on highway trips just because. I see a dip in mileage and a little bit in performance, but not too too much that I can tell. Also it does have quite the rubberband powertrain which I really like.... it's more fun than linear power. But with only 208 hp, you need to count on that turbo to get the 5,000lbs moving sometimes. Also, if my mom's car gets 20 in the city, and 25 on the highway (not driving too easy or too hard, 2500rpm shifts, 3000 when needed) why can't a lot of other SUVs?
-Joe

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnVUE04's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnVUE04 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnVUE04 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2006, 08:07 AM   #42
chrisl0
chrisl0 is on a distinguished road

They remind me more of wagons than suv's.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to chrisl0's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help chrisl0 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
chrisl0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 01:23 PM   #43
SaturnVUE04

Yeah, it's still got a lot of ground clearance though, which I think helps it look more rugged. I do think it's quite an attractive vehicle. After driving it, I think that volvo is really going places with their quality and vehicles as long as they stay reliable. (As this one seems to prove itself) My favorite car is the Volvo S40 (even though I do love my VUE) because it's just so sleek and cool looking with the body kit.
Back on topic... I showed my Aunt the picture of the Outlook and the Arcadia, and she was like "Ooohhh Joe I really like that! (Outlook) I'll probably give that a look when I'm looking for a new car." She also likes my VUE, so probably a future Saturn Buyer. Also Since I'm a Saturnfan, I might try to weasel my mom to look into an outlook or VUE next time. Although, she doesn't really need the space as much anymore since I'm older and can drive so maybe she'll go to a small AWD sedan.
I'm done with my random tangents
-Joe

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnVUE04 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-19-2006, 02:25 PM   #44
chrisl0

I am not crazy about Volvo's, a fully loaded model cost allot of money and they cost even more to maintain. Very expensive vehicles. I don't even see that many of them. If it works for your aunt then thats great.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help chrisl0 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-19-2006, 11:09 PM   #45
KrgION03
KrgION03 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdp326
If they are exactly alike how can one be classier?

This is very far from the GM vans. Those are exactly the same except in the way the front grill is shaped and the lower panel trim on the exteriors, with different upholstery and some different types of trim. The only way the GM vans could be any simpler of a rebadge is if they shared the same front fascias and lower trim, and went by the same model name (Dodge/Plymouth Neon, Chevy/GMC Suburban).

These Lambdas, on the other hand, have completely different front fascias, different rear taillights, and different fenders/doors. The dashboards are very different, too.
The fenders and doors are the same....everything is basically the same with the exception of the front fascia. The taillights are basically the same, the GMC just has clear ones while the Saturns are red. All sheetmetal is shared 100%, the GMC just has different headlights and a different grille/bumper.

The Buick looks very different, but the Saturn and GMC look almost the same to me.

And the Outlook is classier because it doesnt have cheesy tail-lights and and overstyled interior.

Kyle

18 Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic, Narvik Black
15 Porsche Cayman, Carrara White
Previous:
13 Porsche Boxster
09 Mercedes-Benz C300
06 Mini Cooper S
05 Saab 9-3
03 Saturn Ion2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KrgION03's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KrgION03 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
KrgION03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:13 PM   #46
KrgION03

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl0
I am not crazy about Volvo's, a fully loaded model cost allot of money and they cost even more to maintain. Very expensive vehicles. I don't even see that many of them. If it works for your aunt then thats great.
They're not really that expensive, nor are they very expensive to maintain.

Kyle

Previous:
13 Porsche Boxster
09 Mercedes-Benz C300
06 Mini Cooper S
05 Saab 9-3
03 Saturn Ion2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help KrgION03 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-19-2006, 11:13 PM   #47
Uzzy
Master Member
Uzzy has a spectacular aura aboutUzzy has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrgION03
The fenders and doors are the same....everything is basically the same with the exception of the front fascia. The taillights are basically the same, the GMC just has clear ones while the Saturns are red. All sheetmetal is shared 100%, the GMC just has different headlights and a different grille/bumper.
It might be the angles, but the Outlook looks to have deeper cut door lines, and more bulging fenders. I'll have to look at some more angles again.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
If your ECTS is not brass...your ass is grass.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Uzzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Uzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:15 PM   #48
Uzzy
Master Member

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
I'm assuming you've enver owned one. Several people I know have, and the reason they didn't get another one, or won't after the current one, is cost of ownership. They do thoroughly love the cars otherwise.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Uzzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-20-2006, 12:25 AM   #49
KrgION03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzzy
It might be the angles, but the Outlook looks to have deeper cut door lines, and more bulging fenders. I'll have to look at some more angles again.
GM would NEVER make that much of an investment (to change the sheetmetal) for such minor visual differences...they're the same, trust me.

Kyle

Previous:
13 Porsche Boxster
09 Mercedes-Benz C300
06 Mini Cooper S
05 Saab 9-3
03 Saturn Ion2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-20-2006, 12:28 AM   #50
KrgION03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzzy
I'm assuming you've enver owned one. Several people I know have, and the reason they didn't get another one, or won't after the current one, is cost of ownership. They do thoroughly love the cars otherwise.
Well it depends on the owner. I own a 2005 Saab, close enough, right?

You get free mainatainence for 3 years, and a 50k mile warranty....that far outlasts the length of time I'd actually keep a car. So basically, a Volvo would cost nothing to maintain (for me, anyway).

Kyle

Previous:
13 Porsche Boxster
09 Mercedes-Benz C300
06 Mini Cooper S
05 Saab 9-3
03 Saturn Ion2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-20-2006, 02:10 AM   #51
SaturnVUE04

Volvos are kind of a lot to maintain. Good thing my mom's is an 05 because I'm pretty sure they stopped the free scheduled maintainence for the 06 models. Either way it's a great riding car with great gas mileage but it's pretty plain. I wish it had the better features especially for the price (41kish?)

Back on topic I sadly say that I do like the Arcadia more than the Outlook. Also they didn't distinguish the Saturn/GMC variant enough. This is what GM needs to do is to distinguish the brands. In my opinion they should just get rid of GMC. Saturn (IMO) is the fastest growing brand. They need a way to keep the brands distinguished. Pontiac and Saturn are too close, and I really don't care if pontiac goes. Notice how other companies have few brands (Honda, Acura.... Toyota, Lexus.... Ford, Mercury, Lincoln..excluding Jag. Volvo, etc. because they're not as "close" with the company) I hope Saturn will sell a lot of Outlooks. They look to be promising SUVs that will take away sales from Pilot, Highlander, Heck I'd also say Sequioa, and biggers SUVs
Okay I'm done
-Joe

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-20-2006, 06:26 AM   #52
Uzzy
Master Member

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Well it depends on the owner. I own a 2005 Saab, close enough, right?

You get free mainatainence for 3 years, and a 50k mile warranty....that far outlasts the length of time I'd actually keep a car. So basically, a Volvo would cost nothing to maintain (for me, anyway).
Sure on a brand new car. Believe it or not, but people buy used ones. I know, weird huh?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Old 07-20-2006, 08:21 AM   #53
chrisl0

Quote:
I customized A XC90 just to check and the price tag was $55,000 (Fully Loaded). Also they do cost allot to maintain since I knew people who owned them and complained about this. Back on subject I like the Acadia allot the style and everything. I am also glad they added a HUD to it I really like that feature.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-20-2006, 09:47 AM   #54
Galileo
Master Member
Galileo is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE

Quote:
The fenders and doors are the same.... All sheetmetal is shared 100%...
Not true... the fenders, quarter panels, and hood are definitely not shared... the fender bulges have similar design but different detail... the doors and roof are the only shared sheetmetal. Take a closer look

Beautiful People First~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Galileo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Galileo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Galileo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 11:13 AM   #55
KrgION03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galileo
Not true... the fenders, quarter panels, and hood are definitely not shared... the fender bulges have similar design but different detail... the doors and roof are the only shared sheetmetal. Take a closer look
I stand corrected. I guess they WERE dumb enough to waste both time and money to change the fender flares in such a minor way that absolutely no one but the most die-hard GM fan would notice. However, things people DO notice, like the shape of the taillights, are identical to the Saturn.

Anyone else think it was poor planning?

Also, after closer inspection, I like the Acadia a LOT...maybe better than the Outlook.

Kyle

Previous:
13 Porsche Boxster
09 Mercedes-Benz C300
06 Mini Cooper S
05 Saab 9-3
03 Saturn Ion2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!