SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2006, 06:26 PM   #41
MGonzales
Advanced Member
MGonzales is on a distinguished road

Default Re: New Saturn model

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn_69
The Civic and the RSX are the same car.
Do you really think so?

I haven't driven an RSX so I can't compare it to a Civic. My '86 Integra LS coupe seemed a lot nicer than any '86 Civic though (assuming you also feel the Integra and Civic are the same car).

The last Civic Si ('02-'05) had a very similar engine as the base RSX, but I don't know what else they had in common (sure look nothing alike).

The new Civic Si has a similar engine to the RSX Type-S, I believe. But what else do they have in common? Probably allot, I don't know, just curious.

Mark
'99 Civic Si

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MGonzales's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MGonzales reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MGonzales is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2006, 06:33 PM   #42
ricksLS1
Master Member
ricksLS1 has a spectacular aura aboutricksLS1 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by haypops
Junk bonds are not junky. It is an unfortunate terminolgy.
Junk bonds are bonds below investment grade. Companies that have "Junk" ratings pay higher intreat rates.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ricksLS1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ricksLS1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ricksLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 08:40 PM   #43
haypops
haypops is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksLS1
Junk bonds are bonds below investment grade. Companies that have "Junk" ratings pay higher intreat rates.
True, but below investment grade is in turn an unfortunate term. It's not the end of the world. Most people getting mortgages would have ratings consistant with so called "junk" rating. My point is just that it sounds even worse than it is.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to haypops's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help haypops reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
haypops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 09:27 AM   #44
saturn_69
Master Member
saturn_69 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGonzales
Do you really think so?

I haven't driven an RSX so I can't compare it to a Civic. My '86 Integra LS coupe seemed a lot nicer than any '86 Civic though (assuming you also feel the Integra and Civic are the same car).

The last Civic Si ('02-'05) had a very similar engine as the base RSX, but I don't know what else they had in common (sure look nothing alike).

The new Civic Si has a similar engine to the RSX Type-S, I believe. But what else do they have in common? Probably allot, I don't know, just curious.
Their platforms (floorpan, firewall, suspension, the hardpoints for locating the engine/transaxle) are the same. They don't share any body panels or glass, just like the Ion/Cobalt/HHR triplets, which was the point I was trying to make to VTHokie. GM is as guilty of 'rebadging' the Ion as Honda is of 'rebadging' the Civic, meaning, they aren't rebadges.

"That government is best which governs not at all; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have" - H.D. Thoreau

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturn_69's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturn_69 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturn_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 10:31 AM   #45
spencerb
Master Member
spencerb will become famous soon enoughspencerb will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XR

Saturn isn't rebadging Opels because the cars are jointly developed.

And really, who gives a rip if your Saturn looks like an Opel?! You can't even buy Opels here, so few people would even know. The Lexus ES looks like a Camry, but that doesn't stop a lot of people from thinking it's the best car in the world.

2008 BMW 328i
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited

Past Saturns: 97 SL2, 01 SC2, 04 VUE, 08 Astra, 02 L200.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spencerb's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spencerb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
spencerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 10:46 AM   #46
saturn_69
Master Member
saturn_69 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencerb
Saturn isn't rebadging Opels because the cars are jointly developed.

And really, who gives a rip if your Saturn looks like an Opel?! You can't even buy Opels here, so few people would even know. The Lexus ES looks like a Camry, but that doesn't stop a lot of people from thinking it's the best car in the world.
Exactly my point! And they actually pay a premium to get that little 'L' on the hood. Sad.

"That government is best which governs not at all; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have" - H.D. Thoreau

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturn_69's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturn_69 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturn_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 02:10 PM   #47
PaulGraz
PaulGraz has a spectacular aura aboutPaulGraz has a spectacular aura about

2001 L-Series 2.2L Wagon

Wow - I just read this whole thread...

I'll join the minority here who thinks this Saturn-Opel thing is good for Saturn. If the cars come out more "euro", that's fine with me.

I wont buy Japanese, but I have no problem buying a European GM car...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PaulGraz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PaulGraz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PaulGraz is offline   Reply With Quote