SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Reference Forums > Mods and Performance
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2005, 12:21 PM   #1
imreloadin
imreloadin is on a distinguished road

2000 SL
2001 SL1
Attention Does anybody sell custom exhaust for a 2000 SL?

I've looked around forever but still no luck. S if any of you kown of a place that sells what I'm lookin for please tell me. THANKS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to imreloadin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help imreloadin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2005, 12:49 PM   #2
cazzylee
Advanced Member
cazzylee is on a distinguished road

1995 SL1
2005 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Does anybody sell custom exhaust for a 2000 SL?

www.spswebsite.com

or go to an exhaust shop and have them fab one up, since that'll most likely be cheaper than SPS.

Madness takes it's toll: Please have exact change.
SES light + unplugged sensor = testicle ownage.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cazzylee's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cazzylee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-22-2005, 02:02 PM   #3
sickcallawayc12
sickcallawayc12 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazzylee
www.spswebsite.com

or go to an exhaust shop and have them fab one up, since that'll most likely be cheaper than SPS.
It's actually www.spswebpage.com, buy anyway, I think you should get one custom made as well, a little easier on the wallet. What size you lookin' to get?

1998 Chevrolet Blazer LT
all stock for now (nothin' wrong with that either)

I'll miss my Saturn, from the AEM CAI to the rear main oil seal leaks to the giant APC stickers on the side (sarcasm)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sickcallawayc12's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sickcallawayc12 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-22-2005, 02:43 PM   #4
cazzylee
Advanced Member
cazzylee is on a distinguished road

1995 SL1
2005 VUE 3.5L

It's bannered enough around here that it doesn't matter.

Madness takes it's toll: Please have exact change.
SES light + unplugged sensor = testicle ownage.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cazzylee's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cazzylee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-25-2005, 09:28 PM   #5
eRic 02sc2
eRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura abouteRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura about

yeah www.spswebpage.com has them. bolt on. made to fit. back when I had a 92 SC before SPS existed I called around several shops and they kept asking me "what kind of car" I wanted a pipe bent for. like it matters? bend a pipe. the pipe doesn't need to know what it's going to be attached to. anyhow after several "no, we can't do that" I found a Muffler Man that bent a 2.25 inch pipe for me and welded it to a FlowMaster 40-series muffler.

eRic 02sc2
DR SCCA Solo 2001,2002 1st DSP
WHRRi 2007,2010 Fun Run 1st
DR SCCA 2008 Triathalon 1st PF
DR SCCA Solo 2009 2nd ST
DR SCCA Solo 2010 1st ST
Crutchfield: pkeqe-6j8e3-d2qqe

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eRic 02sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eRic 02sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-26-2005, 02:59 AM   #6
99GreenSC1
Advanced Member
99GreenSC1 is on a distinguished road

1999 SC1
2007 AURA XR

Go for an HKS Cat-Back Exhaust. I love mine. You didn't specify the amount you are looking to spend so I'm throwing that out there.

The HKS runs around 500 and will cost anywhere from 75 to 150 for a shop to install.

It's a bolt on system so you could do it yourself for free though.

07 Cobalt LS 4 door - Ultra Silver - Auto - 35% tint - Injen intake - ARK short antenna - ARK FSTB - MTX X Thunderlink - Eibach Sportlines - Debadged

Wife's DD: 07 Aura XR w/ Moroccan Brown Leather

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 99GreenSC1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 99GreenSC1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-26-2005, 05:16 AM   #7
twosaturns
Master Member
twosaturns will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazzylee
www.spswebsite.com

you get what you pay for. a shop may be cheaper, sure, 'cause you'll get mild steel crush bent piping. get the SPS kit and an ebay muffler. no shop can do mandrel bent stainless piping for $289.

for the first time in 8 years, I don't own a saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to twosaturns's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help twosaturns reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-26-2005, 12:11 PM   #8
S3aturnR
Master Member
S3aturnR is a jewel in the roughS3aturnR is a jewel in the roughS3aturnR is a jewel in the rough

1996 SL2
1999 SL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by imreloadin
I've looked around forever but still no luck. S if any of you kown of a place that sells what I'm lookin for please tell me. THANKS
every exhaust shop on the planet will have a "custom" exhaust for you. they will bend it to your specific needs. probably pay 1/2 what a pre-fab one costs, too...

s3aturnr

"reno is a lot like maybury, except everyone's on crystal meth and prostitution's legal" - junior

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to S3aturnR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help S3aturnR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-27-2005, 06:00 PM   #9
VEGAS_SATURN
VEGAS_SATURN is on a distinguished road

1997 SW2
Happy Re: Does anybody sell custom exhaust for a 2000 SL?

I had a Magnaflow installed with custom cat-back piping (enlarged by 1/4 inch) on my SW2 for $325. No, it's not mandrel bent, but stil a very good set up for half what others are talking about. Great flow and awesome sound. A friend was next to my car last week and said "Youhave the best sounding station wagon anywhere!" :-)

Ho Yah, I had the stainless model put on.

1997 SW2
Performance: Short Ram, Magnaflow, SPS Wires
Sound: Alpine and Rockford Fosgate, Sirius Radio

Upcoming: KYB Struts are in the garage. Sound dampener is on the way.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VEGAS_SATURN's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VEGAS_SATURN reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-28-2005, 01:26 AM   #10
99GreenSC1
Advanced Member

1999 SC1
2007 AURA XR

That's a pretty good price. I know you can find them cheaper too.

I actually only paid $450 total. That includes the exhaust, shipping it to me, and having it installed at a local shop.

Granted, it would have been about 700 if the exhaust were brand new, but I think a 2 month old system is close enough. I paid 360 shipped and 90 for the install.

07 Cobalt LS 4 door - Ultra Silver - Auto - 35% tint - Injen intake - ARK short antenna - ARK FSTB - MTX X Thunderlink - Eibach Sportlines - Debadged

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help 99GreenSC1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-28-2005, 06:56 AM   #11
S3aturnR
Master Member
S3aturnR is a jewel in the roughS3aturnR is a jewel in the roughS3aturnR is a jewel in the rough

1996 SL2
1999 SL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GreenSC1
That's a pretty good price. I know you can find them cheaper too.

I actually only paid $450 total. That includes the exhaust, shipping it to me, and having it installed at a local shop.

Granted, it would have been about 700 if the exhaust were brand new, but I think a 2 month old system is close enough. I paid 360 shipped and 90 for the install.
...got you all beat. i paid $0 for my 2.25" cat-back exhaust with magnaflow muffler. damn, that feels good...

s3aturnr

"reno is a lot like maybury, except everyone's on crystal meth and prostitution's legal" - junior

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help S3aturnR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-30-2005, 08:56 PM   #12
1759society
1759society is on a distinguished road

2000 SL

dOn't by th HKS it looks good and sounds good but it is not all stainless. the thermal is all stainless and it is for the same price. i all read had the hks. it was not bad to insatll, but why spend all that money for just a stainless muffler. go to sps

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 1759society's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 1759society reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-30-2005, 09:01 PM   #13
S3aturnR
Master Member

1996 SL2
1999 SL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1759society
dOn't by th HKS it looks good and sounds good but it is not all stainless. the thermal is all stainless and it is for the same price. i all read had the hks. it was not bad to insatll, but why spend all that money for just a stainless muffler. go to sps
stainless is only an issue if you drive your car in inclement weather. my car sits in a barn all winter...

s3aturnr

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-31-2005, 12:03 AM   #14
99GreenSC1
Advanced Member

1999 SC1
2007 AURA XR

This is going to be my second winter with my HKS and it hasn't even begun to have issues with rust.

I'll look into what it is made of or coated with for sure. It's not a shiny coating (dullish black/grey) so I'm guessing it's coated with something to keep it from rusting (maybe not for long, but as I said, my second winter now). We get lots of rain and snow through the year here.

EDIT: The HKS website says "each system is constructed of stainless steel with a polished muffler and tip."

I'm assuming the whole thing is stainless by that. I'll email them just to see though.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-09-2005, 09:54 PM   #15
Niteshooter
Niteshooter is on a distinguished road

2000 SL2
1999 SL1

Have a look at the Thermal system. I was looking at the SPS setup but everyone I talked to said Thermal is better and I would have to agree that the build quality seems a lot better. I just had one installed on my 2000 SL2. One thing to note the online photos show a double tipped muffler while the one in my kit was a big single tip.

Also see this thread,
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59849

Kevin

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Niteshooter's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Niteshooter reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!