SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2005, 08:07 AM   #21
mikec
mikec will become famous soon enough

Default Re: 2007 Saturn Outlook

The rear of that Buick looks like an Isuzu Vehicross. And that Opel looks like a minivan. I hope that we get some solid pics of this vehicle soon.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikec's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikec reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mikec is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2005, 09:47 AM   #22
SaturnLubeGuy
SaturnLubeGuy is on a distinguished road

I know how GM likes to make the same car for every brand, how about the Outlook looking like the Chevrolet HHR?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2006_Chevrolet_HHR.jpg (26.3 KB, 23 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnLubeGuy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnLubeGuy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnLubeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 10:05 AM   #23
saturn_69
Master Member
saturn_69 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilcher
It sells.
So does tofu, but that doesn't make it great.

"That government is best which governs not at all; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have" - H.D. Thoreau

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturn_69's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturn_69 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturn_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 10:09 AM   #24
saturn_69
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnLubeGuy
I know how GM likes to make the same car for every brand, how about the Outlook looking like the Chevrolet HHR?
They aren't going to be doing that anymore. As for the HHR it's on the same platform as the Ion so it isn't bigger than the VUE. Only Buick, GMC and Saturn will get a Lambda crossover and none of the 3 will look alike. Do the Honda Civic and Acura RSX look the same? They are the same car.

"That government is best which governs not at all; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have" - H.D. Thoreau

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help saturn_69 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-04-2005, 10:10 AM   #25
PurdueGuy
Master Member
PurdueGuy is a jewel in the roughPurdueGuy is a jewel in the roughPurdueGuy is a jewel in the rough

1999 SC2
1999 SC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnLubeGuy
Nah, they shouldn't do that - the HHR is a unique enough looking vehicle that the response to it will probably be polarized (some love, some hate). No need to duplicate the same radical styling.

SaturnSeries.net owner

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PurdueGuy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PurdueGuy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PurdueGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 10:16 AM   #26
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE

Dont know if these have been posted before, but here are some spy shots of it:

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 10:45 AM   #27
2001L300
2001L300 is on a distinguished road

2001 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

From the spy-shots, it looks almost like a current Dodge Durango and a Chevy Trailblazer had a child and called it Outlook.

2001 L300

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2001L300's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2001L300 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2001L300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 01:12 PM   #28
dschrader
Advanced Member
dschrader is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
2007 ION-2 Sedan

don't worry that's just the cover giving you that impression....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dschrader's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dschrader reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dschrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 06:41 PM   #29
thatjerryguy
thatjerryguy will become famous soon enoughthatjerryguy will become famous soon enough

2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Thumbs Up Re: 2007 Saturn Outlook

I like the Outlook, based on what I've seen so far. I wonder which V8 it's going to get, and if the 3.6L V6 will get a bump in hp, given it's obvious heavier weight than the Aura. Between the Outlook, the Aura, the Sky and whatever else Saturn has in store, this is going to be a fun Auto show season.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to thatjerryguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help thatjerryguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
thatjerryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 07:06 PM   #30
GR898SL2
Master Member
GR898SL2 will become famous soon enoughGR898SL2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatjerryguy
I like the Outlook, based on what I've seen so far. I wonder which V8 it's going to get, and if the 3.6L V6 will get a bump in hp, given it's obvious heavier weight than the Aura. Between the Outlook, the Aura, the Sky and whatever else Saturn has in store, this is going to be a fun Auto show season.

The two likely V8 candidates that come to mind are the Northstar (detuned to protect Cadillac) or the LS4.

I agree about next year's auto show season looking promising for Saturn with four fresh (three all-new and one revamped) vehicles starting production in the same calendar year.

No more Saturns! :(
'11 & '15 Subaru Forester; '15 Nissan Altima

Last edited by GR898SL2; 08-04-2005 at 07:11 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GR898SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GR898SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GR898SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 09:50 PM   #31
ciciusss
ciciusss is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatjerryguy

It is rumored that the 3.6 V6 used in the Cadillac CTS, STS, SRX and Buick LaCrosse CXS and in the future the Aura, will get a bump in horsepower beginning in 2007. That said, even if it remained at the HP level it is now, that same engine moves the SRX, which has a curb weight of approximately 4,600 pounds pretty well (mid to high 7s in 0-60 mph tests).

Jeff

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ciciusss's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ciciusss reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ciciusss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 12:01 AM   #32
kilcher
Advanced Member
kilcher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn_69
So does tofu, but that doesn't make it great.
I happen to like tofu. And car companies aren't necessarily in business to make great cars, they're in business to sell cars and make money.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kilcher's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kilcher reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kilcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 03:04 PM   #33
NSAP
NSAP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR898SL2
The two likely V8 candidates that come to mind are the Northstar (detuned to protect Cadillac) or the LS4.

I agree about next year's auto show season looking promising for Saturn with four fresh (three all-new and one revamped) vehicles starting production in the same calendar year.

Actually a new V8 will show up in the Lambda vehicles. As well as the 3.6L V6.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NSAP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NSAP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NSAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 03:14 PM   #34
saturn_69
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilcher
I happen to like tofu. And car companies aren't necessarily in business to make great cars, they're in business to sell cars and make money.
Oh, I eat tofu sometimes too, I was just using it as an example because it was the only bland thing I could think of. No offense. To me, the new Mustang is a rehash of Ford's glory years from the late 60's. Nothing we haven't seen before, basically. When they couldn't think of a new direction for the Mustang, they decided to update one of the most popular versions. What a stretch. But yeah, it sells.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-05-2005, 03:30 PM   #35
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn_69
Oh, I eat tofu sometimes too, I was just using it as an example because it was the only bland thing I could think of. No offense. To me, the new Mustang is a rehash of Ford's glory years from the late 60's. Nothing we haven't seen before, basically. When they couldn't think of a new direction for the Mustang, they decided to update one of the most popular versions. What a stretch. But yeah, it sells.
Hey, maybe in 2020 or 2025 Saturn can bring back a refreshed retro version of the S-Series. Polymer panels and all.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 04:49 PM   #36
itsmesillybubba
itsmesillybubba is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Quad Coupe

I just found these....I dont know if you have seen them yet....but here they are

http://www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000067052931/

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Enth...178.A8960.html

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth.
My 95 SL1 is gone :(

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to itsmesillybubba's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help itsmesillybubba reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
itsmesillybubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 09:01 AM   #37
haypops
haypops is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSAP
Actually a new V8 will show up in the Lambda vehicles..
Any details?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to haypops's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help haypops reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
haypops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 03:46 PM   #38
NSAP
NSAP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by haypops
Any details?
Well, I have heard that the displacment for the new V8 will be 4.7L, but I can't confirm that.

The 3.6L is said to be capable of 300+ HP, so it will be interesting to see how much it has in the Lambda's.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NSAP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NSAP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NSAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 06:55 PM   #39
haypops
haypops is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=NSAP]Well, I have heard that the displacment for the new V8 will be 4.7L, but I can't confirm that.
QUOTE]

Interesting. Is that related to the small block or is it something completly new?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to haypops's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help haypops reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
haypops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 12:44 AM   #40
Daucsset
Daucsset is on a distinguished road

2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
1999 SL

did a yahoo search of saturn outlook and edmunds had a spy shot of it on their website. clicked on the picture to enlarge it and an ad popped up next to it for the pontiac torrent. looks alot alike to me.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Daucsset's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Daucsset reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Daucsset is offline   Reply With Quote