SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 11:09 PM   #1
wrchism
wrchism is on a distinguished road

2002 SC2
1994 SL1
Default '94-SL1 - ignition key in switch chime - ignition switch bezel question

The chime that lets you know when you've left the key in the switch has saved me from locking the keys in the car many times . . . but now that switch is stuck on . . . i.e. the chime continues to sound even when the key is removed. What's the best lube / cleaner to use in the lock to try to fix this and not gum things up worse? Has anyone else fixed this problem?

Related to this, I'm trying to remove the steering column covers to get a better look at things in that area. I got the top cover off with no problem - but the ignition switch bezel prevents the bottom cover from coming off. How does that bezel come off - Haynes is no help - they just say "remove the bezel" . . .

Any info appreciated! THANKS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wrchism's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wrchism reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2005, 01:09 AM   #2
Hiddenlites
Advanced Member
Hiddenlites is on a distinguished road

1993 SC2
Default Re: '94-SL1 - ignition key in switch chime - ignition switch bezel question

I would just remove the lock cylinder. If you move the wires that are above it out of the way, you'll see tab on the cylinder towards the center of the column. Use a screw driver or similar tool to depress the tab while the lock is in the "ACC" position. With the tab depressed, you can pull out the lock cylinder.

One other thing...
Don't use pliers or any thing of that sort to turn the tang in the steering column which connects the cylinder to the ignition switch. It might stick in the "RUN" position and not return to "ACC" which is where it will need to be to reinstall the cylinder.

1993 Saturn SC2 75k
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2008 Saturn VUE Redline 175k sold 7/8/16
2013 Honda Accord Coupe
2016 GMC Acadia

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Hiddenlites's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Hiddenlites reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread