SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Reference Forums > Miscellaneous Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 04:29 AM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Tech Talk Forum Changes

As you have noticed, the Tech Talk forum is in the process of being overhauled this weekend. More information will be posted soon. These changes are based on visitor feedback and will hopefully help you more quickly find the information you are looking for.

Any questions or comments should be posted here.

Thanks,
Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2005, 01:49 PM   #2
ssicarman
ssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Tech Talk Forum Changes

From a personal point of view splitting the tech section up will mean a lot more jumping around (work??). I tended to stick in there more than any where else. Rarely would I go to any of the other sections and even more rarely would I go into the S, L, Vue etc sections. I don't think that the new split up tech is needed but I am willing to have a go at it to see how it will work.

A lousy day in paradise is still a day in paradise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ssicarman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ssicarman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-02-2005, 02:10 PM   #3
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Wrench Re: Tech Talk Forum Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssicarman
From a personal point of view splitting the tech section up will mean a lot more jumping around (work??). I tended to stick in there more than any where else. Rarely would I go to any of the other sections and even more rarely would I go into the S, L, Vue etc sections. I don't think that the new split up tech is needed but I am willing to have a go at it to see how it will work.
Thanks for your feedback! I don't want to cause you any more work, or make answering questions more difficult. You shouldn't have to go into each individual section to read and respond to posts. Clicking on the Tech Talk (Old Format) link on the main forum page should display all threads from all Tech Talk subforums, just like how they have been displayed in the past. After clicking on that link, the fact that the threads are in separate subforums should be transparent to anyone browsing or posting replies (if its not, let me know). The big difference with the new setup is that members will be forced to post new topics in the appropriate model subforum category.

My goal was to organize the threads in the Tech Talk forums in a way that visitors looking for help with their SC2s won't have to read through posts about IONs, VUEs, Relays, or L-Series vehicles. I still have a long way to go; I need to finish sorting through all of the posts in the "miscellaneous" category.

Does that help address some of your concerns? I'm open for any and all comments. I want to make things better here, not worse.

Thanks for your support,
Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-02-2005, 04:58 PM   #4
ssicarman
ssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to behold

Charlie

Thanks for the reply. I was unaware of the old format link. I have always just had the tech forum in my favorites. So when I do come to the board I always end up there and if I go elsewhere it is through the forum jumps. If the old formt link will kept I will just change my shortcut for that.

Thanks very much for the reply and all of the great work you do for the Board.

Tom
Ssicarman

A lousy day in paradise is still a day in paradise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ssicarman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ssicarman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-04-2005, 04:30 PM   #5
cris_thomas
Advanced Member
cris_thomas is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2
1995 SC2

Wow, this looks pretty good.

Let me see if I usderstand this though. We can browse and reply to threads in the "Old Format" just like we used to. if we want to post a new thread then we must navigate to the apropriate subtopic. Is that correct? If so then great.

- Cris Thomas
SPOC New England
http://www.spocne.org

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cris_thomas's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cris_thomas reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-05-2005, 03:58 PM   #6
Norseman
Norseman is on a distinguished road

1996 SC2

I bookmarked the "old format" category and the next day the bookmark is no longer valid. I have to go forums and choose the old format category again.

I would like to go to old format using a bookmark.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Norseman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Norseman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-05-2005, 04:36 PM   #7
Luke
Master Member
Luke will become famous soon enough

1995 SL2

From the way I'm reading the new set-up, is that when you "mouse" the [i]Tech Talk, old format[/u], you are actually initiating a 'search'; with that in mind, you cannot bookmark a 'searhc'.

> 95 SL 2 = 653,369 Miles 40.4 MPG, as of 5/20/11. My manual Radiator Fan Switch, courtesy of Wolfman's patient installation guidance, continues to be.......invaluable < The car was retired

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Luke's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Luke reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-05-2005, 04:45 PM   #8
Norseman

1996 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke
From the way I'm reading the new set-up, is that when you "mouse" the [i]Tech Talk, old format[/u], you are actually initiating a 'search'; with that in mind, you cannot bookmark a 'searhc'.
Thanks Luke, that makes sense. I guess it'll take a little more time to get to the old format.

I didn't mind the mixing of Saturn models since some ideas and talk would still relate at times.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Norseman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-05-2005, 07:52 PM   #9
Charlie
Administrator

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Information Re: Tech Talk Forum Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norseman
I bookmarked the "old format" category and the next day the bookmark is no longer valid. I have to go forums and choose the old format category again.

I would like to go to old format using a bookmark.
Good question, very interesting. I figured out the problem. Bookmark this link:

Code:
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/search.php?do=getdaily&days=1000&f=14
Now it should come up every time. Do not bookmark the search page that the actual search results are displayed on... that URL will expire as you found out.

Hope that helps,
Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-06-2005, 07:19 PM   #10
Norseman

1996 SC2

Charlie,

It seemed to work today. However, when I click for the next screen I get a message about "no matches".

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-07-2005, 10:09 AM   #11
Luke
Master Member
Luke will become famous soon enough

1995 SL2

Quote:
Fm >> Charlie <<

> Code:

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sea...days=1000&f=14
<
Thank you -- working perfectly.

BTW, your new setup is impressive, to say the least. Once one gets used to the changes, I find them to be an improvement.

Thank You. This forum has become quite a leader; with it's library, subjects, and, to say the least, it's membership and experts.

> 95 SL 2 = 653,369 Miles 40.4 MPG, as of 5/20/11. My manual Radiator Fan Switch, courtesy of Wolfman's patient installation guidance, continues to be.......invaluable < The car was retired

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Luke's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Luke reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread