SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2018, 07:24 PM   #1
6spd68
6spd68 has a spectacular aura about6spd68 has a spectacular aura about6spd68 has a spectacular aura about

Default Secondary air injection system

Hello everyone! I need some help diagnosing my secondary air system. I just replaced the air pump and noticed that I have back pressure out of it after the system shuts off. I have vacuum going to the switch and going to the diverter valve during warm-up and when the air pump shuts down I still have vacuum going to the diverter valve. I also noticed that I have about 14.4 volts at the switch during the 30 second warm-up and when the air pump shuts down the voltage drops to 4.3 volts.

Why do I have voltage after the system shuts down? It seems like I should just replace the switch but I would like to be sure before I just throw money at it. I measured the ohms and it was about 44. When I disconnect the vacuum line going to the diverter valve it closes and I get no back pressure. Also, I have seen the richpin video, that's how I got this far

Thanks in advance, this forum is the best!
6spd68 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links