SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2018, 06:26 PM   #1
Srjs28
Srjs28 is on a distinguished road

Default Got Spark, Fuel and compression. Still no start

I just replaced the motor in my 05 vue with a motor (2.2ecotec) that had 75,000 from an 06 Ion. I have fuel, spark and compression in all 4 cylinders. It turns over but won’t start. I replaced the timing set verifying the timing marks multiple times I also used everything from the new motor including intake manifold, throttle body, fuel rail and injectors. I replaced other maintenance items as well, stuff that would not make it not start. Checked all fuses. I was going to check the cam shaft positioning sensor next. Any ideas?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Srjs28's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Srjs28 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Srjs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2018, 06:32 PM   #2
Bruce Rock
Bruce Rock is a jewel in the roughBruce Rock is a jewel in the roughBruce Rock is a jewel in the roughBruce Rock is a jewel in the rough

2000 SL2
2006 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Got Spark, Fuel and compression. Still no start

If you have good fuel and good spark it should at least fire, even if it's out the exhaust or intake manifold. Just will not stay running. Is this what you have or is it that the starter is able to spin the motor

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bruce Rock's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bruce Rock reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bruce Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 08:15 PM   #3
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Srjs28, fuel, spark and compression but the engine won't fire up?

1-Did you verify fuel is injected into each cylinder? After several failed starting attempts, plugs should wreak of fuel, be wet and smell of fuel to verify injectors are operating.

2-Did you verify spark on each plug? The ICM/coil pack/plugs can be removed, reconnected with plugs laying out in the open and grounded to the engine block while someone cranks the engine for you to observe for spark.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:37 PM   #4
Srjs28
Srjs28 is on a distinguished road

Yes I verified spark, fuel and compression in each cylinder. Right now it is at the shop to run diagnostics on it

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Srjs28's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Srjs28 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Srjs28 is offline   Reply With Quote