|03-08-2018, 05:14 AM||#1|
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: San Diego, CA
1) I park my cars for long amounts of time.
I have found that my batteries keep a charge longer if I install a battery disconnect.
One end of these devices attach to the negative battery terminal then attache the removed ground cable to the other end of the device.
There is a ‘hand-screw’ in the middle of the device that disconnects the battery connection when unscrewed a bit.
2) have installed these on my 1960's & 1970's full sized V-8 automobiles, both with top posts and side posts.
3) I purchased a disconnect unit to install on the 1995 SC-2 Saturn which I recently acquired.
Actually I paid double, about $20, for a Moroso brand to get something first class.
4) Now the size of the Saturn battery seems smaller I an used to.
I tried to screw in the unit. I managed to get both ends started, but I had trouble tightening things down. It just didn’t seem right.
5) Is it possible that the screw sizes are different for the Saturn battery.
Perhaps they are metric, and different from the batteries form the for the 50 year old V-8 cars that I am used to.
6) Do the screws for the Saturn battery terminals somehow have a different thread?
I abandoned my attempt to tighten down the disconnect device and returned it to its original condition.
7) Any suggestions about a battery disconnect device would be appreciated.
|SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links|
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Flashing battery light not fixed by new battery.||enviroko||General Saturn Discussion||5||12-17-2015 12:05 PM|
|Flickering Battery Light. New Alt/Battery||Carbon.Beatz||L-Series Tech||19||04-25-2015 02:42 PM|
|new battery, new alternator...still have battery icon light???||alarmer||L-Series Tech||2||06-07-2009 12:14 PM|
|Battery, Alternator or Starter? 94 SC1 - I think battery (here's to hoping!)||Mark2000||S-Series Tech||14||12-19-2008 10:01 AM|
|Battery Brain: product to prevent battery drain||davesaturn||Ion Tech||19||04-13-2008 07:19 PM|