SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2018, 04:58 PM   #1
dmayorgap
dmayorgap has a spectacular aura aboutdmayorgap has a spectacular aura aboutdmayorgap has a spectacular aura about

2008 VUE 3.6L
Default ABS, Stabilitrak, TCS - Codes

Hi, recently the ABS, TCS, Stabilitrak, AWD lights came up, no change since three days ago it happened, i've scanned with TechII and shows this codes:

C0550
C0899
C0035
C0040
C0045
C0050
C0131
U0121

Help please! Anyone?

Thanks

David M.
-----------
Chevrolet Captiva Sport AWD V6 3.6

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dmayorgap's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dmayorgap reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dmayorgap is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2018, 05:26 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: ABS, Stabilitrak, TCS - Codes

Didn't you post in another thread finding out that the battery/alternator may be faulty and creating these false error codes even when the battery light doesn't turn on? If you can, what's battery voltage (engine off), battery/alternator voltage with engine running? Expect 12.5v on standby/engine off, 14.5v engine idling.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 06:18 PM   #3
dmayorgap
dmayorgap has a spectacular aura aboutdmayorgap has a spectacular aura aboutdmayorgap has a spectacular aura about

2008 VUE 3.6L

Hi, you are right it was me, now i have the codes and i dont trust the dealer so i put a new post, volts are fine at idle and when off, i really dont think its alternator and battery is new it has 4 months.

Thanks

David M.
-----------

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help dmayorgap reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-07-2018, 07:48 PM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Mind sharing battery/alternator voltages? Good power is crucial to electronics operating correctly. I'm not suggesting the dealer you went to is distrustful as much as starting off on the right footing, posting battery/alternator voltages. The same for checking all fuses related to the abs/tc system. Did you check for blown fuses?

A recent thread about a xmission conversion resulting in a no-start problem was finally solved. While the engine was running fine before xmission swapping, the conversion resulted in a no start problem. A blown fuse to the ecm. It wasn't blown before but afterwards the original ecm shorted and blew one of its main fuses. A replacement ecm and new fuse corrected the problem.

Never assume everything is fine. Posting voltages helps as it becomes increasingly difficult in open forums to diagnose problems as complicated as abs/tc/esc.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-08-2018, 06:36 AM   #5
dmayorgap

2008 VUE 3.6L

Hi fdryer, thanks for your answer, i measured volts from battery when car is off and it has 12.5v, when ignition is on, lights, a/c on and driving i have a steady 14.3v, sometimes goes down to 13v, you think this readings are good or bad?

Thanks

David M.
-----------

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-08-2018, 08:27 PM   #6
dmayorgap

2008 VUE 3.6L

Hi, as an update i check the abs fuses and they are not blown.

David M.
-----------

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-08-2018, 11:23 PM   #7
fdryer

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Your voltages appear to be normal. As a simple rule, engine off/battery voltage should always be around 12.5v as this indicates a fully charged battery ready for work. When the engine runs, the alternator takes over to supply power to the entire vehicle while recharging the battery (since the battery discharges a little for each startup). Alternator output voltage can vary between 13 volts all the way up to 15 volts - the higher the voltage the more current (amperage) output from the alternator. With the electrical system appearing normal, voltages do not seem to be the cause of these error codes.

I am not expert on abs/tc/esc but have a general idea of how it works and interpreting error codes. While it's easy to suggest searching online for GM error codes, this may not be correct information. The best way to determine why there are several error codes related to the abs/tc/esc;a) thru a GM dealer, b) finding a repair shop experienced in brake systems and using scantools to decode the errors you posted or c) diy subscribing to alldata or Mitchell online for service manuals. Both sites give the same GM service manuals without GM's scantool. By subscribing to an online provider of GM service manuals, you can search for the exact error code and definition for your make, model and year.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-09-2018, 08:56 AM   #8
dmayorgap

2008 VUE 3.6L

Hi fdryer, dealer gave me the description of the codes:

C0550: Electronic Control Unit
C0899: EBCM voltage low
C0035: Left front speed wheel sensor
C0040: Right front speed wheel sensor
C0045: Left rear speed wheel sensor
C0050: Right rear speed wheel sensor
C0131 5A: ABS/TCS pressure circuit failure
U0121: Lost communication with ABS

Seeing this codes is very suspicious that the 4 wheel speed sensors are faulty, in my opinion seems like a communication problem with ebcm or wiring issue so the ebcm is getting low voltage, what do you think fdryer? Is there a way to pinpoint the issue?

Thanks

David M.
-----------

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-09-2018, 02:32 PM   #9
fdryer

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Presuming C0550: Electronic Control Unit means the ebcm and all wheel speed sensors aren't working tends to point to power, loose connections and wiring. Was the vehicle damaged in a crash to create problems? Can this be weather related, severe corrosion to external wiring, sensors, reluctors, etc? Used abs/tc/esc frequently? Without wiring diagrams to help, all you can do is physically go over every sensor, wiring, connections, reluctors, main wiring to the ebcm to reveal anything unusual. Personally, I doubt the ECU/ebcm failed but there's always an exception to the rules with an explanation if the ECU failed.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-09-2018, 03:54 PM   #10
dmayorgap

2008 VUE 3.6L

Hi fdryer, from this link i can deduce the root problem is low voltage:

http://www.autocats.ws/manual/chevro...169750.en.html

Since i have also C0899 the document says i have to fix that problem first and maybe C0550 will disappear, the C0899 is low voltage from EBCM.

In my VUE ECU was replaced with new one 6 months ago but during this 6 months everything was ok, no DTC's.

Days before the DTC's appear i washed the VUE, no engine compartment, maybe water or moisture problem in connectors?

You know where is the ground point for EBCM? Can it be X408 connector?

Thanks!

David M.
-----------

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-09-2018, 04:46 PM   #11
fdryer

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

The engine control module (engine computer) is labeled as ECM. What does the error code C0550 mean? Engine computer or ebcm (electronic brake control module), the abs computer? What was the reason for replacing the ECM? Unless I'm mistaken, the engine computer does nothing to influence the abs unit and vice versa. The ebcm runs independently of all electronics as its main reason for being is to control the abs, tc and esc. If necessary, it will take over control of the ECM to force timing retard and in extreme cases, reduce throttle until wheel spinning stops to allow best braking efficiency. The same occurs during acceleration, to control engine power if a drive wheel spins, by retarding ignition timing and/or reduce engine power until wheels stop spinning then return control to the pedal. The ebcm remains invisible to brakes or taking over engine power unless absolutely necessary when a driver cannot stop or refuses to reduce engine power while accelerating on slippery, sandy or gravel surfaces.

Troubleshooting this problem may be more complicated than anyone can imagine outside of GM service at dealer levels.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-09-2018, 05:33 PM   #12
dmayorgap

2008 VUE 3.6L

Hi fdryer, ECM was replaced because i burned the previous one hehe, was an accident. I really dont think this has anything to do with the actual dtc, you know where the ebcm ground is?

Thanks

David M.
-----------

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-09-2018, 05:54 PM   #13
fdryer

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

No idea where ground is for the ebcm. Having specific info where alldata or Mitchell provides it is best if you're not having GM troubleshoot this problem.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-18-2018, 09:51 AM   #14
sczastrow
sczastrow is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L

I would check if you have continuity across the Rear ABS Harness from the x408 connector to the wheel seed sensors. If you find the wiring to be bad. Replace the wiring harness. Do not repair it according the TSB. It is cheaper to replace and far fewer head aches.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sczastrow's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sczastrow reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sczastrow is offline   Reply With Quote