SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2018, 06:56 PM   #1
CLSSL1
CLSSL1 is on a distinguished road

1994 SL1
Default New member from Florida

I just bought a 1994 Saturn SL1 with 39,439 original miles on it. The car was a snowbirds car and they left in Florida. They only drove it when they would come down for the winter. I bought the car at a good deal because the fuel pump went bad and they didnít want to spend the money to fix it. Iíve since put a full pump and fuel filter in it and got it running but at idle it has a pretty bad vibration. The mounts look good and Iím hoping it will go away once I do a tune up on it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CLSSL1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CLSSL1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
CLSSL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2018, 12:51 AM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: New member from Florida

Congratulations on your Saturn buy with so little mileage. Hopefully it serves you well but you'll need to review some important issues best found in the S-series tech forum 'sticky', the first post at the top to inform new members of common issues like the infamous engine coolant temperature sensor. With so little mileage and southern car seldom used, look for severe dry rot on all rubber parts. There's a guide using a pencil to stick into the upper TAM (torque axis mount/upper engine mount) on the passenger side. If a pinky or pencil fits into the mount, replace it. It may help to post again in the S-series tech forums where all S-series members read and share things Saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 05:11 PM   #3
CLSSL1
CLSSL1 is on a distinguished road

1994 SL1
Default Re: New member from Florida

Iím happy to say I replaced the engine mount and the vibration has gone away at idle. As soon as I clean the interior, exterior and engine bay I will post some pictures. The car needs a drivers door and a front bumper since it was in a small accident. I will be putting a brand new paint job on the car once it warms it up a little and then I will post a second set of photos.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CLSSL1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CLSSL1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
CLSSL1 is offline   Reply With Quote