SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Relay > Relay Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2017, 09:58 AM   #1
2000 Saturn SL2
2000 Saturn SL2 is on a distinguished road

Default 2000 SL2 Rough Idle

Ok so i have a 2000 SL2 1.9 DOHC. Went to leave yesterday morning and notice when i come to a stop it starts idleing really rough. Jumps down about 100-200rpm. Never had this problem before. It cleared up a little bit for about 5min then started again and hasn't stopped. The car has 180.000 miles. She burns a lot of oil. Could that have caused a spark plug to go bad? The car has always had a ticking noise coming from rear of motor that intermites. Other than the oil burning the new oil leak the ticking from the rear of motor by firewall and the new rough idle I've never had a problem with her. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also almost forgot it clears up when accelerating.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2000 Saturn SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2000 Saturn SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2000 Saturn SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2017, 01:22 AM   #2
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: 2000 SL2 Rough Idle

Welcome to SaturnFans, 2000 Saturn SL2! You've inadvertently posted in the Relay Tech Forum. I'm sure you meant to post it in one of the S-Series sub-forums. Please copy and re-post your message there. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "Contact Us." Send a message with a link to this thread in the message field asking the web site administrator, Charlie, to delete it. He will do so in time. I have no doubt you will find plenty of members willing to respond to this issue.

288,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote