SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2017, 08:33 PM   #1
dwtutts
dwtutts is on a distinguished road

Default Getting code u2105

Hey guys. My wifeís Saturn is throwing a code u2105. Itís shifting hard and starting a little hard. However. I donít know if thatís is something wrong with the car or itís cold. Either way, I have done some research into it, Iíve tried doing a reset with pulling the battery out and such, but it still is shifting hard. Any ideas?

Itís a Saturn l300. 2004. 135k. V6. Thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dwtutts's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dwtutts reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dwtutts is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2017, 09:13 PM   #2
Russet
Russet will become famous soon enoughRusset will become famous soon enough

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Getting code u2105

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwtutts View Post
Hey guys. My wifeís Saturn is throwing a code u2105. Itís shifting hard and starting a little hard. However. I donít know if thatís is something wrong with the car or itís cold. Either way, I have done some research into it, Iíve tried doing a reset with pulling the battery out and such, but it still is shifting hard. Any ideas?

Itís a Saturn l300. 2004. 135k. V6. Thanks.
1. Check Tranx fluid levels that could also affect hard shifts with a reliable tranx shop.
2. What proceeded this problem if any?
3. Maintenance history and repairs?
4. What did you use to read the codes if I recall they are P0 codes.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Russet's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Russet reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Russet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:20 PM   #3
dwtutts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russet View Post
1. Check Tranx fluid levels that could also affect hard shifts with a reliable tranx shop.

Seem so fine to me.

I just checked the codes after it started doing it. It was driving fine for us beforehand hand.

I change oil religiously and do all the other maintenance that I know of. Last major repair was a oil pan replacement done maybe 3 months ago.

I used an ancel ad310 classic. It did not have Saturn in it. I used the gm setting.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help dwtutts reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-08-2017, 10:31 PM   #4
dwtutts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russet View Post
Also, I just remembered the car seemed to loose power while going through snow drifts or if it spun out on the ice. I was never driving it hard, but if you tried to push it the car would loose some power. The heater would blow much lighter, the dash lights got dim. It never stalled, just loss of power.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-08-2017, 11:50 PM   #5
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Anytime you drive with a car that has abs and traction control, lose traction on slippery surfaces, traction control automatically takes over for one reason. You no longer have your car under control as different wheel speeds are detected by the abs with traction control the opposite of abs, to deliberately reduce wheel spin and regain traction to all four wheels. Any one wheel not having traction means that wheel is either spinning faster or slower than the other three with abs/tc reacting. In your case the abs starts a procedure with reducing spark timing, reducing throttle (literally taking away engine power from your right foot) and in extreme cases, applies braking to remove as much wheel spinning as possible until all four wheels return to the same wheel speeds - the electronics knows the car is back to having traction at lower speed and returns throttle back to your control until you drive faster than the conditions allows normal driving. Yes, electronics are everywhere to remove power when necessary. From any abs, traction control, limp home mode from errors in drive by wire systems, and airbags. Stabilitrak removes engine power when someone makes incorrect high speed car changes in direction. The last step to removing the irresponsible driver are driverless cars being tested everywhere to see if these autonomous vehicles can handle everyday driving situations most of us take granted from years of 'practice' computers need sensors and highly developed programs. Guess how I know this? Practicing in a large parking lot with snow or ice and deliberately accelerating as fast as my car can when abs and traction control take over. I never assume a computer is smarter than me until I test it. This ads first hand experience to anyone interested while most remain clueless until experiencing it the wrong way, while driving in conditions not conducive to having complete control of a vehicle.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 08:50 AM   #6
floridasl22002
floridasl22002 is a name known to allfloridasl22002 is a name known to allfloridasl22002 is a name known to allfloridasl22002 is a name known to allfloridasl22002 is a name known to allfloridasl22002 is a name known to all

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2002 SL2

Before you can propose a solution, you have to know what the problem is. Your car is telling you code U2105. You need to find out what this code means. Once you know the fault, then you can determine a solution. Meanwhile you are grasping at straws.

You need to either call in one of the autostores and see if their CEL readers will diagnose a U Code OR you need to find someone with a Tech11 scanner which will certainly be able to detail the 2105 code.

Don't know if this will help

https://www.justanswer.com/saturn/2x...start-ran.html

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to floridasl22002's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help floridasl22002 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
floridasl22002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:02 AM   #7
dwtutts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
Anytime you drive with a car that has abs and traction control, lose traction on slippery surfaces, traction control automatically takes over for one reason. You no longer have your car under control as different wheel speeds are detected by the abs with traction control the opposite of abs, to deliberately reduce wheel spin and regain traction to all four wheels. Any one wheel not having traction means that wheel is either spinning faster or slower than the other three with abs/tc reacting. In your case the abs starts a procedure with reducing spark timing, reducing throttle (literally taking away engine power from your right foot) and in extreme cases, applies braking to remove as much wheel spinning as possible until all four wheels return to the same wheel speeds - the electronics knows the car is back to having traction at lower speed and returns throttle back to your control until you drive faster than the conditions allows normal driving. Yes, electronics are everywhere to remove power when necessary. From any abs, traction control, limp home mode from errors in drive by wire systems, and airbags. Stabilitrak removes engine power when someone makes incorrect high speed car changes in direction. The last step to removing the irresponsible driver are driverless cars being tested everywhere to see if these autonomous vehicles can handle everyday driving situations most of us take granted from years of 'practice' computers need sensors and highly developed programs. Guess how I know this? Practicing in a large parking lot with snow or ice and deliberately accelerating as fast as my car can when abs and traction control take over. I never assume a computer is smarter than me until I test it. This ads first hand experience to anyone interested while most remain clueless until experiencing it the wrong way, while driving in conditions not conducive to having complete control of a vehicle.
Right and it was doing that as well which I knew was traction control, however, why would traction control dim my lights, make the fans blowing hot air half speed?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-09-2017, 04:43 PM   #8
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Your descriptions suggests a power issue; battery, battery cables, their connections, drive belt and tension, and alternator. All are considered parts of main power issues.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote