SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2016, 09:05 PM   #21
SELLC
SELLC is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Replacing Vue Sway Bar (really)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_varon View Post
SellC,
No I am not kidding you.... approach to people is everything... and NO... I am not a PC weenie.... Just learned after 28 years in the Navy that there are different approaches to things, and 99% of the time you will get FAR better results if you use the correct approach. I AM NOT saying your directions are wrong, just they way you put info out there... And seeing as the search engine on the site would start with the most recent, if you started a new topic on the subject it would be on the very top.... or we can ask one of th ADMINS to tack it to the top or put it in the HOW TO section...either way, it is nice and easy to find.

John
Guy, STFU with your PC BS... I don't care if you were in the Navy... Really, what is that supposed to mean? Because you were in the Navy, all of a sudden you're superior to everyone else? That you somehow know infinitely more than anyone else on any given subject just because you have a career working for the government? Let me tell you, I have spent 28 years as a Mechanic and these instructions were BS, and it's not even entirely the sites fault... The factory instructions are inadequate also.

You don't know what you're talking about and honestly the instructions on this site were returned to me by Google, not this forum. You're entitled to your opinion but honestly it means ***** because you're not even on the same page.

You might not like the taste of the medicine but it will make you better, or at least the next guy who unsuspectingly stumbles across this thread on Google. I knew the GM instructions off my AllData were wrong the moment I seen them, I came here on a web search on google thinking surly a bunch of Saturn guys would have enough pride to keep their information to a higher standard.

Either way, I'm done... I just figured I'd tear into your ***** for personal satisfaction and it has nothing to do with Saturn sway bars. I give you valuable information and you want to whine about how you got it!? You must be a Democrat.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SELLC's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SELLC reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SELLC is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2016, 09:08 PM   #22
SELLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazberry View Post
^^^^^+1
And you... Kiss his ***** some more... You know you like it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help SELLC reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-23-2016, 12:06 PM   #23
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by SELLC View Post
Are you kidding? I just got done telling you I wasted two hours wrenching/whining and then whining more in writing...(snip).
Fixed it for you.

This isn't a corrupt ,peer reviewed, medical journal. It's a discussion board.

Deal with it and it's "limitations"- understanding that your perspective and that of individual members- their specific cars/options- may not be the same. .

If you think you know a better/efficient way , and feel the urge to post, feel free.

If you want to "beech"/moan/berate, go AWOL.

'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billysvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billysvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billysvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 01:52 PM   #24
SELLC

Hey, I'm a good sport! I spent the two hours to make SURE the factory instructions were wrong. All this was on a hoist, so I had full lift / mobility with the bar and the bottom line is you aren't twisting a stabilizer bar in an AWD V6 Saturn without removing more than just the tie rod ends, as per the instructions on this site and in many information publications. I knew before I even pulled the broken bar off there it wasn't going to fit without lowering the cradle. I'll admit I didn't think I was going to have to pull the rack, but prior to doing so I was under the misguided perception it had power steering, which this vehicle does not. Makes the job of removing the rack a lot quicker.

I only spent the two hours so I could say with certainty that you, your forum and GM were misinformed. I'm not whining, I'm enjoying every second of this stuff! You don't get many opportunities like this in my line of work.

That said, you're welcome.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-23-2016, 04:10 PM   #25
lord_varon
Advanced Member
lord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of light

2008 VUE 3.6L

Sellc,
Couple of things first off... One, there is a HUGE difference between the military and being a government employee.... Second, I am a Republican...
On the main topic of your method of swapping out the parts, if you read my entire post, I stated that there was nothing wrong with your method of doing it, and it sounds like it would be easier your way... I simply said that you could have put the information out in a better, less angry manner... If you look around on the site you will see we respect each other and our unrespected cars.. Good information is good info... But good info put out respectfully is much more welcome and appreciated.

aka
Lord_Varon
07 Vue V6 AWD LOADED!!! aka SUPER CRITTER!!! Sadly gone, and definitely missed.
08 Equinox Sport 3.6 6 spd auto, AWD, even more loaded. And the jury is still out on it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lord_varon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lord_varon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lord_varon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 05:58 PM   #26
SELLC

This is a lot like throwing someone who is drowning a life saver, and then they complain that you hit them in the head with it after they are back on shore.

If you can't see I'm pulling your chain, then maybe you have spent too much time at sea.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-24-2017, 11:26 PM   #27
pickett85
pickett85 is on a distinguished road

I just finished the sway bar replacement on a 2007 3.5 V6 AWD Saturn VUE w/ 116,00 miles. The bar was broke right at the bend before the driver side bushing (horrible design). I had the Hayes manual and followed the procedure for removal and SELLC is correct about not being able to remove or replace the sway bar from the drivers side wheel well as listed in the Hayes manual. I worked a few hours and finally cut it into pieces to remove. We drove it awhile without the bar because I could not see how to get it back in. After seeing this thread I decided to take the advice of SELLC and it went in like a dream. I did it on the ground with jacks. Disconnect sway bar rods and bushings- Disconnect the rack- Disconnect the sub frame- Disconnect the triangle brackets- Slid the bar from the drivers side over the exhaust and drive shaft- Although I did not support the sub frame because it was being held up with the struts. The sub frame needed to be pried apart several times to slip in the sway bar- Slipped the bar between the driver side sub frame and the vehicle- Moved the rack up for clearance- Boom!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pickett85's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pickett85 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pickett85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 03:51 PM   #28
atikovi
atikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickett85 View Post
We drove it awhile without the bar because I could not see how to get it back in.
So why not continue driving it like that? I've had a few cars with the links removed to verify a noise, and I couldn't tell any difference in how they drove.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to atikovi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help atikovi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 10:07 PM   #29
pickett85
pickett85 is on a distinguished road

You could drive it without the sway bar for normal driving but I can tell a difference in tight turns. Also it will see a lot of mountain driving and I would not want to risk it with the girlfriends car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pickett85's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pickett85 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pickett85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 12:14 PM   #30
Cavell
Cavell has a spectacular aura aboutCavell has a spectacular aura aboutCavell has a spectacular aura about

2002 VUE 3.0L
2003 VUE 3.0L

i got an 03 v6 awd vue this spring and the sway bar was in the trunk. and it was there when i sold it recently.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Cavell's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Cavell reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Cavell is offline   Reply With Quote