SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2011, 04:37 PM   #21
mattachuz
Advanced Member
mattachuz is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: Tail lights not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoke21 View Post
Completely understand now. I appreciate the breakdown. Sorry if I was being a little 'slow' on that one. I'm competent (I promise). Thanks again. I'll give the new bulbs a try. If that doesn't work I'll check out the other 'brake' switch that was referenced. If that doesn't work, hopefully it's because of the BCM switchout about 12 months ago. Thanks again!
no problem lol, i was just thinking "really we went over this a few times already!" lol

mi: 199,xxx

trips:

X = dest
O = ON way

home- Clovis, ca

Pismo Beach: xx
Morro Bay: oo
San Francisco: x
Los Angeles: ooo
Anahiem (disneyland): xxx
Tulare: o,(x-atleast 15)
Visalia: x

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mattachuz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mattachuz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mattachuz is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2011, 11:23 PM   #22
stoke21
stoke21 will become famous soon enoughstoke21 will become famous soon enough

2004 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

So I almost feel stupid for making a thread for this. Ended up being the bulbs! I never would have thought that the two sides would go out at the same time, but I'm relieved to have the issue fixed for $6.42.

Had a rough week last week - here's to a better week this upcoming!

Thanks again for all of your help guys.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to stoke21's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help stoke21 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
stoke21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:04 AM   #23
mattachuz
Advanced Member

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Quote:
So I almost feel stupid for making a thread for this. Ended up being the bulbs! I never would have thought that the two sides would go out at the same time, but I'm relieved to have the issue fixed for $6.42.

Had a rough week last week - here's to a better week this upcoming!

Thanks again for all of your help guys.
heh had a feeling it was. glad that was it, lets focus on that dome light lol, bulbs by chance up there?

trips:

X = dest
O = ON way

home- Clovis, ca

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help mattachuz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-03-2011, 12:26 PM   #24
stoke21
stoke21 will become famous soon enoughstoke21 will become famous soon enough

2004 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

If my dome light, map (mirror) lights and trunk lights all were not working because of all bad bulbs.....I'd drive to California to deliver you a case of beer.

Truth be said, I pry won't even check it out. Our Saturn is still pretty reliable (knock on wood). It's a 100 mile/day round trip commuter from the city to the burbs and if it stays reliable for another 12 months, we'll probably retire it then. Not TOOO concerned about the courtesy lights.

Thanks again for the help. The easy/quick fix made my weekend.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to stoke21's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help stoke21 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
stoke21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:27 PM   #25
mattachuz
Advanced Member

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Quote:
If my dome light, map (mirror) lights and trunk lights all were not working because of all bad bulbs.....I'd drive to California to deliver you a case of beer.

Truth be said, I pry won't even check it out. Our Saturn is still pretty reliable (knock on wood). It's a 100 mile/day round trip commuter from the city to the burbs and if it stays reliable for another 12 months, we'll probably retire it then. Not TOOO concerned about the courtesy lights.

Thanks again for the help. The easy/quick fix made my weekend.
no problem lol

please do knock on wood, i called mine reliable yesterday and the serpentine belt broke.

yea the map lights are nice but not as needed as brake lights. glad it all worked out for so cheap.

Matt

trips:

X = dest
O = ON way

home- Clovis, ca

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-02-2017, 10:44 PM   #26
fdorbinjr
fdorbinjr is on a distinguished road

I FOUND OUT WHY MINE STOPPED WORKING. sATURN L100 (2002).HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE BEFORE THEY GO NUTS BUYING FUSES AND BULBS..SATURN USES A CRAPPY THIN SHEET (REFLECTOR) AS A CONDUCTOR..IF YOU HOLD THE BRAKES TO LONG THE PLASTIC WELD THAT HOLD THAT SHEET (INSIDE THE LENSE)..THEY MELT..OVER TIME /BULB REMOVAL ETC..THAT SHEET GETS DEFORMED...WAT I DID WAS TAKE A HEATED NAIL AND POKED HOLES IN THE BULB HOUSING NEAR THE METAL CONNECTORS/CONTACTS THAT TOUCH THE BULB..STICK A WIRE TO THAT AND HARDWIRED TO THE MAIN ELECTRICAL FEED AND CUT THE FEED FROM GOING TO THAT THIN SHEET...BYPASS IT...IT TOOK ME ABOUT 2 HRS...SOLDER IF YOU CAN AND TAPE IT UP GOOD AND YOU SHOULD BE FINE...MIGHT WANT TO BUY SOME FUSES JUST IN CASE BEFORE YOU TRY IT. HA.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdorbinjr's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdorbinjr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdorbinjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 11:03 PM   #27
02 LW300
02 LW300 has a spectacular aura about02 LW300 has a spectacular aura about

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Saturn actually recalled these cars for taillight problems. I have the improved parts in both of my 2002 L200s. Any GM dealer should be able to supply you with the upgraded kits.

2002 L200/5 loaded, loving my stick shift car finally on the road!
2002 L200 grandson's car now
2002 LW300 sold.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 02 LW300's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 02 LW300 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
02 LW300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 11:35 PM   #28
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

^That's exactly right. My tail light lens assemblies were replaced under the recall referred to above and I've had no problems with bulbs burning out prematurely. What I did discover early on was that the factory installed bulbs were themselves of a poor quality. After replacing all of the rear tail light bulbs and the center high mount bulbs - over the course of a few years - I found that the replacement bulbs were not burning out so rapidly. It was quite the opposite, the bulbs were lasting several years before needing replacement.

I get the impression, fdorbinjr, that the vehicle you're dealing with may not have been in your possession when the recall repairs were taking place at the Saturn dealerships. Is this correct?

BTW, it might be worth your while to contact GM.com and find out if there are any outstanding recalls on your car. You can do this quickly online via a chat session (check for hours of operation). Have the VIN with you when you do this as the agent will ask for it.

275,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote