SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2016, 04:43 PM   #1
amdamgraham
amdamgraham is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L
Default 06 Vue V6 - 3rd and 4th Clutch Pressure switches

I am struggling to find the exact aftermarket parts for the Third and Fourth clutch pressure switches for my 06 Vue V6 Standard - not Redline. (fourth clutch switch mount in top of tranny).

From these forums and GM parts sites I believe the original part numbers are:
Third clutch pressure switch: 24228235
Fourth clutch pressure switch: 24228234

RockAuto does not list the equivalent parts under Saturn, however they do list pressure switches under Honda. However RockAuto does not provide a specific name, nor any pressure specifications, only the color of plastic connector - gray, black, tan - ?

Can someone advise what aftermarket parts are the correct ones to buy?

Thanks for any guidance

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to amdamgraham's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help amdamgraham reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
amdamgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2016, 11:42 AM   #2
amdamgraham

2006 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: 06 Vue V6 - 3rd and 4th Clutch Pressure switches

Not sure if the case code matters here (MDRA) but if anyone has purchased the Honda parts or non-OEM I'd be grateful to hear from you. My local GM dealer wants $148 for the switch. Equivalents on Rock Auto are like $35. I just need to verify which ones so I don't buy the wrong part.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help amdamgraham reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-10-2016, 12:45 PM   #3
Chazberry
Master Member
Chazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to behold

2003 VUE 3.0L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Anything helpful in this pdf? . . .
http://www.natpronet.com/trans/Honda%205speed.pdf

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chazberry's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chazberry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chazberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 03:42 PM   #4
amdamgraham

2006 VUE 3.5L

This is great, I should be able to make the right purchase using this PDF as a reference. Thank you!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-12-2016, 04:02 PM   #5
amdamgraham

2006 VUE 3.5L

Just FYI: The Chilton's manual does not cover the clutch pressure switches. I emailed them twice and their support contact have these confused with the solenoids inside the transmission and deem this to be a professional job...

For the P0873 DTC code (4th Clutch Pressure Switch voltage High). Here is what I have found and what I will be replacing in my 2006 Vue V6 AWD with MDPA transmission case code.

4th Clutch Pressure Switch (top of transmission) - Beige/tan switch, 27 PSI, part #28600-RAY-003.

3rd Clutch Pressure Switch (drivers lower side of transmission) - Gray switch, 33 PSI, part #28610-RAY-003.

I have not found any torque spec so will just tighten to "taste".

I'll advise if anything goes wrong here.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-12-2016, 07:33 PM   #6
Chazberry
Master Member
Chazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to behold

2003 VUE 3.0L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Who are you getting the switches from? The MDRA is what I have in my '07. How many miles on your '06?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chazberry's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chazberry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chazberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 09:58 PM   #7
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdamgraham View Post
I have not found any torque spec so will just tighten to "taste".
I'm no help choosing switches but here are FSM extracts to remove & replace the switches.

And "taste" appears to be as good as FSM advice ...

Note both procedures say to tighten "input speed sensor bolt" to 14 pd ft.

So I checked the input speed sensor installation steps and FSM says to tighten bolt to 106 lb in.

So I checked the engine oil pressure sensor torque (assuming it was close to same fit) and FSM says to tighten to 13 lb ft.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf 3.5 Vue 3rd Clth Pres Sw R2.pdf (108.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: pdf 3.5 Vue 4th Clth Pres Sw R2.pdf (103.5 KB, 8 views)

I rarely visit forum but respond to private messages (PM). PM creates email to phone & please include email address with question. Avoid using Visitor Message feature ... I almost never check those.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:16 AM   #8
amdamgraham

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazberry View Post
Who are you getting the switches from? The MDRA is what I have in my '07. How many miles on your '06?
I gave up on the dealers and RockAuto. The Dealers want nearly $150 for the part and RockAuto shows out of stock for the ones I need. So I plugged the part numbers into AMAZON and a company called SINS - "Simple is Not Simple" carries them and shipped within one day. ***It is hugely important to make sure you are ordering the right switch - there are "stepped" versions and non-stepped versions of the same PSI switch.

The car only has 85,000 miles on it but we had a transmission leak at 66,000 where the tranny had to be pulled as part of the diagnostics and given that I'd heard about torque converter issues in these cars, I just swapped in a new transmission - BUT - those new trannys don't come with electronics so the shop put my old pressure switches in the new transmission - something to consider if you are having major work done.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-18-2016, 11:49 AM   #9
amdamgraham

2006 VUE 3.5L

For the record, I swapped out the 4th clutch pressure switch, cleared the P0873 DTC code (4th Clutch Pressure Switch Voltage High) and the code has not returned after the requisite amount of vehicle starts and driving so replacing the switch worked. PS: it's been noted before but you will need a 22MM DEEP socket to remove and replace the transmission pressure switches for this car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-01-2017, 05:18 PM   #10
Beak14
Beak14 is on a distinguished road

Hey Guys, sorry to bump this thread, but I wanted to get your input:

The parts that the OP put into his thread, to the best of my knowledge, are non-OEM parts. So, I'm wondering (probably shouldn't think too much about this, lol) if the Honda OEM parts would be superior, or just a waste of money?

Anyway, here are the Honda parts:

28600-RKE-004; 28610-RKE-004 (they can be found on Amazon, for reference). I originally tried to post links to the parts, on Amazon, but I don't have the requisite posts (15). I totally get it, as I used to admin a gaming site, and we got spammed to death!

What do you guys think? I'm thinking that they're made by the same folks, but I don't know.

And, a big shout out to Grumpy! His contribution to this forum's unbelievable! He helped me, when I asked him to, and he doesn't even know me. Not too many people around, like him!

Thank you, Chazberry, and the OP, as well, as this has been a most-helpful, to me, thread!

Again, sorry about the bump!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Beak14's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Beak14 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Beak14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 05:13 AM   #11
Beak14
Beak14 is on a distinguished road

I apologize, the parts the OP put into his thread ARE OEM part numbers. When I put them into Amazon's search engine, I got aftermarket parts.

Well, I sure do feel like a fool!

Anyway, would you guys use after market pressure switches in your Vue, '04-'07, V6, 5spd?

I am so parted-out (tired of looking at parts, and their numbers) right now!

Oh well, mama always said I was special!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Beak14's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Beak14 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Beak14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 09:47 AM   #12
mlc5
mlc5 is a jewel in the roughmlc5 is a jewel in the roughmlc5 is a jewel in the rough

I did those 2 switched about a year and a half ago.. I ordered the genuine honda parts via Amazon.. (i think it cost around $80 for the two)..
Personally.. these transmissions are known to be problematic.. and sensitive to heat, dirty fluid etc.. so my thinking was not to screw around with aftermarket parts as the cost difference wasn't that great..
Normally, I'm quick to buy aftermarket parts.. but things like sensors ...I tend to go with the known entity...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mlc5's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mlc5 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mlc5 is offline   Reply With Quote