SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2008, 12:44 PM   #1
Z33Fan
Z33Fan is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L
Default Radio Display - Hazy?

It seems as though my 08 XE FWD radio display is really hazy (dull) in finish, as opposed to the polished look that most radio displays have.

For those with 08's - is yours like mine, or should I complain loudly? I would think that the dull finish isn't helping the brightness/contrast issue that many are having.

Thanks in advance!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Z33Fan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Z33Fan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Z33Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2008, 01:03 PM   #2
neilpilot
neilpilot is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L
Default Re: Radio Display - Hazy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z33Fan View Post
I would think that the dull finish isn't helping the brightness/contrast issue that many are having.
I can't speak towards other's problems, but my contrast issue is due to the failure of my daylight running lights to switch on. For example, this morning I drove 25 miles to work in daylight conditions; the radio display was very dim because my lights remained in the "night" mode. The problem is intermittent and the dealer "could not replicate the problem" the one time I brought my car in.

Sometimes the lights switch immediately into daytime mode and the radio display is fine. Other times it takes 5-15 minutes. Today was the extreme; it never switched into day mode during the entire 35 minute drive to work. The finish of the display is not the problem for me.

Last edited by neilpilot; 08-18-2008 at 01:13 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to neilpilot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help neilpilot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
neilpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:07 PM   #3
mrgto
mrgto will become famous soon enough

Yea, I wish I could change the display color...the "citrine" color is hard to see in the daylight.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mrgto's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mrgto reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mrgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 03:00 PM   #4
kae
kae is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L
2004 ION-2 Sedan

Not really sure what you mean by "dull"....I guess it really depends. Mine isn't dull or hazy to me except during the brief time period after I first start my car...when it's dim until the daylight running lights switch on. I don't have the long wait that neilpilot mentions though. Other than that, it shows fine to me. You might want to visually look at another 08 Vue to see if the display seems to be vastly different than your own. If it's not then it's probably just a case of not being used to or liking the look of the display. Like already mentioned, I would like if the color was something that could be changed...the citrine is a little less than desired lol

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kae's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kae reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 05:54 PM   #5
hand-filer
hand-filer is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE Red Line

I think the dull or hazy finish is there to prevent glare.
Both my original and replacement radio display are like that.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hand-filer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hand-filer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hand-filer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 04:02 PM   #6
MaxSL2
Advanced Member
MaxSL2 is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L

The screen is not as glossy as some other radios, but if your screen is especally flat or wavy looking compared to other VUEs double check to make sure the clear protective film was removed from the screen when you bought it. It is applied evenly enough to not realize its there unless you look really close at the screen edges.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MaxSL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MaxSL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MaxSL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 05:20 PM   #7
Z33Fan
Z33Fan is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L

I did get the protective layer removed; that wasn't it. It's just more dull than say the Aura.

Thanks to all!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Z33Fan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Z33Fan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Z33Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 02:57 PM   #8
Kartboarder22G
Kartboarder22G is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpilot View Post
I can't speak towards other's problems, but my contrast issue is due to the failure of my daylight running lights to switch on. For example, this morning I drove 25 miles to work in daylight conditions; the radio display was very dim because my lights remained in the "night" mode. The problem is intermittent and the dealer "could not replicate the problem" the one time I brought my car in.

Sometimes the lights switch immediately into daytime mode and the radio display is fine. Other times it takes 5-15 minutes. Today was the extreme; it never switched into day mode during the entire 35 minute drive to work. The finish of the display is not the problem for me.
I know this is way old, but just wondering if you ever found a solution to this, I am now running into this happening on my Vue and do not remember having issues like this before. Just wondering if I am dealing with a daylight sensor or BCM? Thanks,

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kartboarder22G's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kartboarder22G reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kartboarder22G is offline   Reply With Quote