SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2017, 03:02 PM   #1
Cherokee_Indian
Cherokee_Indian is on a distinguished road

Default Planning to buy Saturn Vue.......

Hello,

I am planning to buy a car/SUV that has less than 120K miles and for the year: 2007 and above (not more than 10 years old). Planned a budget of $4000 to $4500.

While searching came across two 2007 Saturn Vue V6:

1. Has 112,000 miles: $4200
2. Has 128,000 miles: $3500 (AWD and has roof rack)

Assuming these vehicles are in decent shape, is this price good?

Also my understanding is Saturn Vue made between 2005 and 2007 has Honda Engine and transmission.

Please share your experience with Saturn Vue and any suggestions on the future repairs and maintenance in general.....

Thanks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Cherokee_Indian's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Cherokee_Indian reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Cherokee_Indian is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2017, 03:21 PM   #2
lord_varon
Advanced Member
lord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of light

2008 VUE 3.6L
Default Re: Planning to buy Saturn Vue.......

Cherokee,
I had an 07 Base model Vue. 3.5 V6, 5spd auto and AWD. The green paint, tan leather interior, all the bells and whistles, including the chrome package, which I think really complimented the design, and tow hitch. I honestly loved that little SUV. Unfortunately I totaled it in 3 feet of water with about 113k on it.
The V6 and auto transmission in the Vue from 04-07 was all Honda... and rock solid reliable with good maintenance, done the Honda way.... especially on the transmission. The price, depending on where you are at is about right for the cars in question. Just make sure the timing belt, water pump and plugs were done at the 100k Mark, if not haggle them down on the price, then get it done. The transmission fluid needs to be done via a drain and fill every 30k approximately. This is easy to do. These cars do tend to eat wheel bearings and front end parts, but I had replaced all of that myself and had good luck with all my work holding up. Quality parts make a big difference.
If you can do your own maintenance, they are good little, under appreciated, SUVs that are more dependable and capable than most people realize.

John.

aka
Lord_Varon
07 Vue V6 AWD LOADED!!! aka SUPER CRITTER!!! Sadly gone, and definitely missed.
08 Equinox Sport 3.6 6 spd auto, AWD, even more loaded. And the jury is still out on it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lord_varon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lord_varon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lord_varon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 03:57 PM   #3
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough

1994 SL2
1999 SL

If you are partial to looking at price and reliability-

We had a 2005 VUE that we had on a lease. We were upside down on our Lease and we were planning to buy our VUE off of the lease...

However- my wife wound up wrecking the VUE 3 years after we had it... and was lucky to walk away without any major injuries. Our son (who was 13 months old at the time) also was unharmed.

Read up here:
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...ut+VUE+wrecked

I would buy a 2005 VUE again in a heartbeat... as well as in a manual transmission.

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2NDSOUT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 08:14 PM   #4
atikovi
atikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee_Indian View Post
While searching came across two 2007 Saturn Vue V6:

1. Has 112,000 miles: $4200
2. Has 128,000 miles: $3500 (AWD and has roof rack)
First off, do you need AWD? It drops mileage to low 20's MPG vs. upper 20's for FWD. Not to mention adding parts that may need attention. Second, you need to add details on the condition and equipment on each. If it's beat up needing lots of work, it may not be worth $2,000. If it's a fully serviced Redline model, it might bring $8,000.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to atikovi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help atikovi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:07 AM   #5
LastL4Banger
LastL4Banger is on a distinguished road

2004 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
2005 VUE 2.2L

Don't overlook the 4 cylinder Vues. The 4's are super reliable and easy to work on. I'm still driving my 2004 L with 180 k and my daughter has my wife's 2005 Vue with 120k. Both going strong. My neighbor has the vue I bought on Ebay 5 years ago and he's over 200k.

But speaking of buying a Vue. I literally just bought a 4 cyl 2007 vue. It was one owner with 70k miles. Paid 4k and couldn't be happier.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to LastL4Banger's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help LastL4Banger reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
LastL4Banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 03:47 PM   #6
lord_varon
Advanced Member
lord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of light

2008 VUE 3.6L

Atkovi,
I don't necessarily agree with you on the mileage thing. My 07 would pull down 25+ on the highway all day long. I got 28 out of one tank coming across the country with my wife, adult daughter and 500 lbs of stuff in my car. The average for that trip was 25-26 mpg....and we were running fairly hard. I once got 30 out of a tank, running right at the speed limit, but with the rear drive shaft pulled. Tire size and type play a big role in MPG.

John

aka
Lord_Varon
07 Vue V6 AWD LOADED!!! aka SUPER CRITTER!!! Sadly gone, and definitely missed.
08 Equinox Sport 3.6 6 spd auto, AWD, even more loaded. And the jury is still out on it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lord_varon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lord_varon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lord_varon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 04:07 PM   #7
atikovi
atikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really nice

My numbers are for combined city and highway driving. Sure, all highway will be much better. I remember once getting 34 mpg on my FWD with flat interstate and cruise at 65 mph.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to atikovi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help atikovi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote