SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2011, 06:12 PM   #1
slacke
slacke is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L
Default 2006 Saturn Vue Blower Motor Totally Inop

This is giving me fits. Blower motor inoperative. I test the motor with 12 volts and it runs fine. Blower fuse has power both sides. HVAC relay is working. Control switch is operating normal as far as I can tell. (When you switch it to off it cuts off the A-C compressor.) Could it be the resistor? Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Slacke.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to slacke's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help slacke reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
slacke is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2011, 08:08 PM   #2
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: 2006 Saturn Vue Blower Motor Totally Inop

Quote:
Originally Posted by slacke View Post
This is giving me fits. Blower motor inoperative. I test the motor with 12 volts and it runs fine. Blower fuse has power both sides. HVAC relay is working. Control switch is operating normal as far as I can tell. (When you switch it to off it cuts off the A-C compressor.) Could it be the resistor? Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Slacke.
See post # 4 of following thread for wiring diagram (its good for 2006):

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=144044

The blower bypasses all resistors when you select position 4.

Most likely cause of not operating at any speed is a overheated (and now open) connection in the 40 amp blower +12 feed line.

See the diagram - many have found overheated/corroded connections in the C200 connector which is behind the close-out panel next to drivers left foot when seated (panel behind hood release).

The panel is part of the carpet / door sill retainer. It can be removed by sliding a putty knife or screwdriver underneath and gently working it up.

You may want to take a peek behind the panel. If the larger orange wire has black and bubbly insulation - you could cut a chunk out and splice in a new piece to bypass the connector.

I rarely visit forum but respond to private messages (PM). PM creates email to phone & please include email address with question. Avoid using Visitor Message feature ... I almost never check those.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:23 AM   #3
slacke

2006 VUE 3.5L

Thanks Grumpy! That makes sense to me. I will check it out today and report back.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help slacke reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-26-2011, 07:41 PM   #4
slacke

2006 VUE 3.5L

Well Grumpy, you were right. I have the blower running again. I pulled a bone-head manuver and cut the wrong orange wire so I got to splice two wires tonight. I never would of found that in a hundred years. Once again, thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-26-2011, 09:44 PM   #5
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by slacke View Post
Well Grumpy, you were right. I have the blower running again. I pulled a bone-head manuver and cut the wrong orange wire so I got to splice two wires tonight. I never would of found that in a hundred years. Once again, thanks.
You only cut one wrong wire? That hardly qualifies as a mistake in my book.

I've been known to build a 24 wire harness and wind up with the whole thing about 18 inches too short. It was painful and pitiful to see how I paid for that.

Its good you have the blower working again - there's a bit of chill in the air in Iowa so we'll soon forget about the A/C and start checking to make sure the heated seats still work.

I rarely visit forum but respond to private messages (PM). PM creates email to phone & please include email address with question. Avoid using Visitor Message feature ... I almost never check those.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:36 PM   #6
gonna.act.right
gonna.act.right is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by far2grumpy View Post
See post # 4 of following thread for wiring diagram (its good for 2006):

The blower bypasses all resistors when you select position 4.
Most likely cause of not operating at any speed is a overheated (and now open) connection in the 40 amp blower +12 feed line.
See the diagram - many have found overheated/corroded connections in the C200 connector which is behind the close-out panel next to drivers left foot when seated (panel behind hood release).
The panel is part of the carpet / door sill retainer. It can be removed by sliding a putty knife or screwdriver underneath and gently working it up.
You may want to take a peek behind the panel. If the larger orange wire has black and bubbly insulation - you could cut a chunk out and splice in a new piece to bypass the connector.
Just note: I found this thread after the same issue has come up on my '07... I appreciate the diagram, but just want to add my findings and assist others with it...

On the blower motor resistor, after pulling the plug and turning the click facing towards me... my colors are the same as the schematic, but pin outs are different... instead of (lft to rt)Yel,TN,L-Blu, Pur.. Mine is Yel,L-Blu, Pur,TN... And my VOM readings show increasing or decreasing resistor values; depending on how you want to look at it; but do relate to the diagram as more resistance slows the motor down... on the pur branch those 2 resistors equal .6 Ohm, the resistor between L-Blu &TN is 1 ohm, and between TN & Yel is 1.7 and total I got 3.3 Ohms.. So aside from the these values being incorrect, I know I have no open circuit and I should be good to continue...

As far as the orange wire at c200, again, great help on the pointer... I checked voltage on both sides of the plug and had 1.5vd.. So I am going to splice the connection & bypass the connector with fuse link wire. Hopefull this will restore ample power to my blower, as I was only getting 11.2v at the blower motor...

PS: if you ever need help troubleshooting & don't mind spending $15 for your vehicle... The DYI version of the software shops & garages use is available... alldatadiy [dot]C0M Which is where I'm going if this c200 doesn't do it...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gonna.act.right's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gonna.act.right reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gonna.act.right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:31 PM   #7
gonna.act.right
gonna.act.right is on a distinguished road

Hey guys....

BINGO!!
Popped the panel, lifted the harness from the body clips & seperated the plug.. Sure nuff, saw a burnt spade from one side of the plug... That's the wire that I spliced and cold air again!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gonna.act.right's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gonna.act.right reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gonna.act.right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:42 PM   #8
travisp864
travisp864 is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L

Same thing here. Orange wire in that connector totally burned the terminal. 2004 AWD V6.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to travisp864's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help travisp864 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
travisp864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:37 AM   #9
WannaHelpU
WannaHelpU is on a distinguished road

Found the connector behind the plastic panel just as f2grumpy described.
Before looking here, I checked the manual/fuses, etc. Funny, but the manual didn't say anything about the possibility of a corroded orange wire... go figure.
I was lucky. Separated and re-connected the connector and that did it; no splicing necessary... whew!
Thanx, grumpy!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to WannaHelpU's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help WannaHelpU reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
WannaHelpU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 10:54 PM   #10
AWDsaturn
AWDsaturn is on a distinguished road

2002 VUE 3.0L

Guys,
I just had this same issue on my 02 Sat Vue, AWD , V-6....it was driving me nuts. I checked the 40 amp fuse - all ok , I removed the blower motor and checked it with a alternate power source (motorcycle batt) all ok, I swapped out resistors - no help , I swapped HVAC blower relays in pax kick panel - no joy. I then read this thread and went straight to that problematic connector in the drivers kick panel. Sure enough, I re-seated the connector a few times and BINGO....Blower fan , ops checked good. I wish there was some way to shield the connector from corrosion.....anybody know ??

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AWDsaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AWDsaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AWDsaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 10:13 AM   #11
saturnknight
saturnknight is on a distinguished road

Thumbs Up Re: 2006 Saturn Vue Blower Motor Totally Inop

Thank you! My blower is back in operation now. Burnt orange wire at the panel connection behind the hood release.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnknight's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnknight reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturnknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 08:51 AM   #12
moogoogypan
moogoogypan has a spectacular aura aboutmoogoogypan has a spectacular aura aboutmoogoogypan has a spectacular aura about

Cheers Grumpy, you have saved another Saturn owner from endless frustration and mucho expense with your simple blower fix.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to moogoogypan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help moogoogypan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
moogoogypan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 04:24 PM   #13
Erock7777
Erock7777 has a spectacular aura aboutErock7777 has a spectacular aura aboutErock7777 has a spectacular aura about

Happy Re: 2006 Saturn Vue Blower Motor Totally Inop

I just want to say thank you thank you thank you !!! I've been working on my wife's saturn vue for about three weeks trying to get the blower motor working !! To no avail !! We have a 15 month baby girl . And it has been ruffff on her .. I have spent a little over $230.00 trying to get this thing fixed. And after reading this forums threads. I had it fixed in about 7 minutes !! It was behind the driver's side kick plate. I have done a lot of reading and video watching . And nobody else ever said anything about behind the kick plate.. again thank you !!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Erock7777's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Erock7777 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Erock7777 is offline   Reply With Quote