SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2017, 08:20 PM   #1
NoDisassemble#5
NoDisassemble#5 has a spectacular aura aboutNoDisassemble#5 has a spectacular aura aboutNoDisassemble#5 has a spectacular aura about

2004 ION-3 Quad Coupe
Default The World's Tiniest Purple Clip

I'm replacing the first half of my shift cable. (I removed the Transmission but forgot to disconnect the shift lever and it stretched from the weight) SOO in order to remove the front half of the shift cable there's this tiny little clip inside the plastic housing where the two ends meet that you remove to release the two halves. I should post pics, if needed. I hope we're following. This clip shot off like a bullet and it's nowhere in my garage. I checked everywhere..I need it!

Does anybody know the name of this part? A part number?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NoDisassemble#5's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NoDisassemble#5 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NoDisassemble#5 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2017, 07:26 AM   #2
hudypete1
hudypete1 is a jewel in the roughhudypete1 is a jewel in the roughhudypete1 is a jewel in the rough

2007 ION-3 Sedan
1999 SL2
Default Re: The World's Tiniest Purple Clip

no idea

having said that, a U-Pull junk yard in your area probably had some kind of donor vehicle. Around my area, it is $2 to walk in the door. Parts that big are usually about $1. Sometimes, I buy something much more expensive and a little clip like that is then free.

Where are you located? Have you ever hit up a U-Pull, Pull-N-Save, etc?

Peter in Lansing MI

current cars:
94 SW2 (White, automatic)
99 SL2 (Silver Plum, manual)
99 SL2 (Dark Blue, manual)
04 Ion 3 (Berry Red, 2.0L automatic)
07 Ion 3 (Cypress Green, 2.4L, manual)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hudypete1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hudypete1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hudypete1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 09:38 PM   #3
NoDisassemble#5
NoDisassemble#5 has a spectacular aura aboutNoDisassemble#5 has a spectacular aura aboutNoDisassemble#5 has a spectacular aura about

2004 ION-3 Quad Coupe
Dizzy Re: The World's Tiniest Purple Clip

I went to Take-A-Part in Fort Wayne. I found the pin on a Pontiac Trans Am. It's universal but a mystery to the universe outside of a junkyard. I just pocketed it as I paid $4 for admission. They get these cars for $200 or 3 and profit probably $500 on each after the engine and tranny are gone and the windows sell. People pay for the stupid stuff they can't find anywhere else too. They'll live. Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NoDisassemble#5's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NoDisassemble#5 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NoDisassemble#5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 10:57 AM   #4
hudypete1
hudypete1 is a jewel in the roughhudypete1 is a jewel in the roughhudypete1 is a jewel in the rough

2007 ION-3 Sedan
1999 SL2
Default Re: The World's Tiniest Purple Clip

glad you found it.

how far are you from the take-a-part in Ft.Wayne? I am up in Lansing and have a couple of places that I hit here, but if it is close for you maybe I can hit you up on pulling a part or two for me if that rare 2007 Green Ion comes in (I need some body panels but green Ions are NOT common).

Peter in Lansing MI

current cars:
94 SW2 (White, automatic)
99 SL2 (Silver Plum, manual)
99 SL2 (Dark Blue, manual)
04 Ion 3 (Berry Red, 2.0L automatic)
07 Ion 3 (Cypress Green, 2.4L, manual)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hudypete1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hudypete1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hudypete1 is offline   Reply With Quote