SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2017, 07:24 PM   #1
BigPaul
BigPaul is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Sedan
Default 2004 Saturn Ion Roof Rack

Not sure if this counts as a mod, if not I apologize.

I have a 2004 Saturn Ion 4 door with a sunroof. I am trying to get back in shape after a life threatening illness and want to go canoeing.

I can get a trailer hitch installed and pull a canoe trailer but would prefer to have a roof rack with Hull down canoe holder if possible.

Couple of questions:

Do you all know of a roof rack that won't cost a whole bunch of money?

Has anyone had any issues with your sunroof with a roof rack?

Thanks as always

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BigPaul's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BigPaul reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BigPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2017, 08:29 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 2004 Saturn Ion Roof Rack

Personally, I went shopping for a roof rack and was disappointed at the outrageous prices from Thule and other brands. Needless to say, I didn't buy into the "Look at me!? I spent a gazillion dollars so I can transport one(1) snowboard!" I found a genuine Saturn luggage rack online from a GM (Md) dealer and bought it. They didn't tell me it was missing the four clips needed to attach the luggage rack to the roof but did find a Florida dealer with them. Once assembled, I retrofitted old ski racks to them to carry six pairs of skis or combination of skis and snowboards. Apparently, the S-series and L-series gutterless roofs share the same luggage racks. http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...L300+roof+rack, post #16. I think I paid $150(?). Well worth the investment compared to overpriced racks for snobs.

If the Ions are the same roof construction and uses the same luggage racks, you may be able to find them, either new or used if it meets your needs. Of course, you might have to be creative of any mods are needed. "If there's a will there's a way."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote