SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2017, 03:59 PM   #1
maxriendeau
maxriendeau is on a distinguished road

Dizzy Saturn Astra four electric windows don't work

Hi everyone! I'm new here and I own a Saturn Astra 2008 and I have a problem. There it is:

My four eletric windows don't work. I cheked the fuse and it's all right so i'm pretty sure it's a cable or a connection somewhere that is damaged. So I would like to know where to chek if I want to verify the connections between my fuse box and the place where the cables split to go to the four different windows.

Thanks!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to maxriendeau's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help maxriendeau reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
maxriendeau is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2017, 09:33 PM   #2
bern
Advanced Member
bern is just really nicebern is just really nicebern is just really nicebern is just really nicebern is just really nice

2006 VUE 3.5L
2004 ION-2 Sedan
Default Re: Saturn Astra four electric windows don't work

Their is (2) 25 amp fuses in the rear fuse block.
Each of the window motor have logic built in them.
The switches or the rear fuse block send a signal (may be a pull up or down signal) to the required circuit.

Codes should be checked in the rear fuse block (module), This requires Saturn Astra software in the Tech-2 or Tech-2 Win.

Did all the window fail at the SAME time?
Was their any other repairs being done at the time of failure.
Dose it have a sunroof and is working?
Did you try all of the switches.
This car may also have all windows open by holding the unlock button on the transmitter, dose it work?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bern's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bern reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 02:07 PM   #3
maxriendeau

Thanks for your answer!

Nothing works. The four windows don't work. They stoped working at the same time and no there weren't any repair being done at the time. It dosen't have a sunroof. Yes I tried every switch and no holding the unlock button on the transmitter doesn't work.

What do you think I should do?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help maxriendeau reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-11-2017, 12:51 AM   #4
bern
Advanced Member
bern is just really nicebern is just really nicebern is just really nicebern is just really nicebern is just really nice

2006 VUE 3.5L
2004 ION-2 Sedan

After thinking about a little, If this problem came to me to fix the next step for me would be check for codes in all modules. With the scan tool connected I would also check if the windows can be control with the scan tool. Then I would likely test the different circuits at the drivers door switch. (power, ground and control circuits to the other motors. depending on what I have already found I may check for broken wires in the driver's door jam.

If you take it to a shop for diagnostics be sure they have Saturn Astra software in the Tech-2 or Tech-2 Win as required Or you may end up paying them for something they can't test.
Don't swap modules with bone yard part, some can't be changed without SPS programming before and after changing the part including before removing from donor vehicle.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bern's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bern reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 06:59 AM   #5
maxriendeau

Thanks! I'll do that and and let you know how it turned out

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-22-2017, 06:44 PM   #6
raf
raf is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Hi Max and other committed members,
I'm having the same problem as Max + the Sunroof (my Astra has one). The windows are working intermittently, i.e. for a few days they might work, and then not work at all for a few more days, all at once (including sunroof). The LED light on the window switches (driver, front and rear passenger are on or off depending if the window is working or not), but for the sunroof, the LED is always on, even when the latter doesn't work.
  • It's not a fuse problem, otherwise it wouldn't work sometimes,
  • I don't think it's a wire problem, which wire affects all 4 windows + Sunroof,
  • Could be indirectly related to central locking module, since the latter impacts all for windows+sunroof when locking unlocking,
  • It's not a one window problem, all 4 + sunroof are affected,
  • I'm suspecting a relay problem, but I don't know how to confirm it, and if/when done, what to change/order/replace
Any help is appreciated

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to raf's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help raf reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
raf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 01:59 PM   #7
AstraFasta
AstraFasta is on a distinguished road

A common problem with the Astra is failure of the rear-driver's-side power window. I think that was a wiring defect which was somewhat painful to repair.

Do a search as it might be related and help you troubleshoot. . .

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AstraFasta's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AstraFasta reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AstraFasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 10:37 PM   #8
raf
raf is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Thanks AstraFasta, I'll check it out and will try to find a correlation

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to raf's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help raf reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
raf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 09:59 AM   #9
TDA
TDA is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstraFasta View Post
A common problem with the Astra is failure of the rear-driver's-side power window. I think that was a wiring defect which was somewhat painful to repair.

Do a search as it might be related and help you troubleshoot. . .
Mine has evidence of a repair on the loom going from the body into the door. I also found a receipt to 'check the repair of rear door harness'

I saw photos of the problem on other Astras and it looked like the wires were partially cut through the insulation.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TDA's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TDA reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 10:13 AM   #10
AstraFasta
AstraFasta is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDA View Post
Mine has evidence of a repair on the loom going from the body into the door. I also found a receipt to 'check the repair of rear door harness'

I saw photos of the problem on other Astras and it looked like the wires were partially cut through the insulation.
Can you link the photos and posts you found most useful?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AstraFasta's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AstraFasta reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AstraFasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 08:57 PM   #11
runwhatyabrung
runwhatyabrung is on a distinguished road

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=191642

Lots of discussion in the above thread about broken wires between door and body. I had to "redo" mine in the rear driver's door 3 years ago

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to runwhatyabrung's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help runwhatyabrung reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
runwhatyabrung is offline   Reply With Quote