SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2017, 03:02 AM   #41
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 2000 Saturn Ls1 Fuel sending Unit

Please verify whether there's spark or not. Testing can be done by you or anyone reading suggestions given. Spark indicates the PCM is operating and a fuel problem may be the only issue besides possible loss of compression. If spark doesn't exist along with a lack of fuel found on spark plugs, this suggests a faulty crank position sensor. If you give confusing information, this delays diagnosing and misleads everyone. You are in the only position to provide accurate info as no one here is standing next to you or the car to observe symptoms and provide feedback.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2017, 07:41 AM   #42
floridasl22002
floridasl22002 is a name known to allfloridasl22002 is a name known to allfloridasl22002 is a name known to allfloridasl22002 is a name known to allfloridasl22002 is a name known to allfloridasl22002 is a name known to all

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2002 SL2

Excuse me guys for butting in, but I see folks suggesting removing wires from the coil to check for spark.

The 4 pot Saturn, like the V6 has coil packs or ignition cassetes as some like to call them. There are no wires as such. It's a plug & play unit. Could it not be the simple case the unit needs replacing?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to floridasl22002's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help floridasl22002 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
floridasl22002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:05 AM   #43
Lady_saturn
Lady_saturn is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

UPDATE****

Finally decided to take my car to a shop the end of sep and guess what itís still sitting there. They have been unable to tell me what is going on and it is going on two months now I think that it is time for a new car I guess .. I Just wanted to say thank you to all of your that responded. Have a good future Saturn Fans..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Lady_saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Lady_saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Lady_saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 10:32 AM   #44
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

I'm sorry to learn that this problem has not been corrected. If you have spark and fuel pressure, generally, the engine should start. As fdryer has mentioned, there could be a bad crankshaft position sensor. I would like to add that the Inition Control Module (ICM) was subject to a recall in late '01 or '02. Was this part ever replaced on your car? If you don't know you, go to

http://www.gm.com/owner-assistance/saturn.html>Recalls>enter VIN>search

to find outstanding or completed recall items related to your car.

I really think that something has been overlooked. Starting a car's engine isn't all that hard. The basic ingredients: proper fuel delivery, spark, and compression. We've never had an answer regarding a compression test with this car's engine so as to verify whether or not a timing problem, or other related compression issue may exist. BTW, what tests or processes has the repair shop undertaken to attempt to diagnose and correct this no start problem?

Lady saturn, I understand your seeing the likelihood of needing to replace this car. I would never be in disagreement with a person who wishes to replace their car. However, I don't believe this has been handled correctly and, as a result, it may be leading you to an unwarranted conclusion.

275,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote