SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2017, 08:48 AM   #1
WrightMan
WrightMan is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-3 Sedan
Happy 2004 DIY Cold Air Intake

I just picked up a 2004 Saturn Ion which I think is a level 3 since it has the sun roof, key less entry, power windows, aluminum rims, and everything but no white gauges. The first thing I plan on doing is a CAI but would rather not pay over $200 for one. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make one for my year? I was thinking about cutting out part of the air box and adding a gasket material to the right side to prevent hot air from the engine. The tube is oddly shaped oval though.
Any tips would be appreciated for this or any other items I should be doing with this car. Next I was looking for a larger TB but have not seen any for this. Otherwise I might just do a port and polish.
Thanks!

2004 Saturn Ion 3 Black Trim Headlights, Bluetooth Fogs, and Smoked Taillights
2004 Crown Vic Mostly Modified
2000 F150 Off-Road Mostly Stock
2013 Escape 2.0T AWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to WrightMan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help WrightMan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
WrightMan is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2017, 09:52 PM   #2
NoDisassemble#5
NoDisassemble#5 has a spectacular aura aboutNoDisassemble#5 has a spectacular aura aboutNoDisassemble#5 has a spectacular aura about

2004 ION-3 Quad Coupe
Default Re: 2004 DIY Cold Air Intake

Don't waste your money. CAI is just for looks. Check out Mighty Car Mods myth bust on this subject. It not only provides zero improvement to your horse power, but it takes away a small fraction. You're more efficient with your factory air box. If you're going for looks grab a can of engine paint ($7) and clean + shoot your air box. Good luck

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NoDisassemble#5's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NoDisassemble#5 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NoDisassemble#5 is offline   Reply With Quote