SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2017, 10:20 AM   #1
Amy23army
Amy23army is on a distinguished road

Default Back in a saturn

Hello from northern Michigan.

I used to own a saturn vue and missed it. I finally got ahold of a pretty decent sl1. Just to have handy for when the truck needed to go into the shop. Now I'm working in fixing her up. Mostly cosmetic issues but a few rust issues as well. But looking forward to the gas mileage she's going to bring me lol

1996 Saturn SL1 5-speed

Picking up replacement seats, visors & headliner and carpet next week off a guy who has a lot of love for saturns lol. Has three just for parts lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2387.jpg (216.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2386.jpg (183.4 KB, 11 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Amy23army's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Amy23army reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Amy23army is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2017, 12:44 AM   #2
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: Back in a saturn

Welcome to SaturnFans, Amy23army! Referring to northern Michigan, does that mean the U.P., or something else? I apologize for my ignorance of these things in your state.

276,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 02:58 PM   #3
alordofchaos
alordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to behold

1998 SL2
1997 SL2
Default Re: Back in a saturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrot View Post
Welcome to SaturnFans, Amy23army! Referring to northern Michigan, does that mean the U.P., or something else? I apologize for my ignorance of these things in your state.
You could ask Amy23army if she's a troll*

My guess is UP - many (but not all) refer to the UP as "northern MI," and the troll parts as "northern lower MI" (or "up north" ) - ymmv

* lives under the bridge
Quote:
If you know where the "yoopers" and the "trolls" live, there’s a very good chance that you’re from Michigan.

On this week’s edition of That’s What They Say, host Rina Miller and University of Michigan English Professor Anne Curzan discuss some vocabulary that is unique to the state of Michigan.

Since its recent addition to the Merriam Webster Collegiate Dictionary, yooper, a term referring to people from Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, has gotten a lot of attention. However, there are plenty of other fun Michigan words that are not making headlines.

While yooper refers to residents of the Upper Peninsula, those that live south of the Mackinac Bridge may be lightheartedly referred to as trolls since they are “under the bridge.”
http://michiganradio.org/post/vocabu...ls-and-fudgies

I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 124k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote