SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Red Line
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2017, 09:26 AM   #1
kevinjohnwimber
kevinjohnwimber is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE Red Line
Default 2006 Redline

So I am looking for Redline Bumber Fog inserts, both driver and passenger. See image for specific part needed. I cannot seem to find a schematic of this bumper in the official GM parts list, however everything directs me to something called a "fog light cover". But I do not want to cover the fog light hole as it has a fog light in it. This image is my exact Vue. Does anyone know what it is officially called, or where maybe to buy them, either GM official part or after market? I get the Vue is no longer made and hard to find parts for. Been looking for a while with no luck. Appreciate any positive feedback. If you do not know, no need to reply. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg saturn-vue-red-line-2006-7yellow.jpg (115.0 KB, 10 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kevinjohnwimber's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kevinjohnwimber reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kevinjohnwimber is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2017, 01:51 AM   #2
col_dude190
Advanced Member
col_dude190 has a spectacular aura aboutcol_dude190 has a spectacular aura aboutcol_dude190 has a spectacular aura about

2006 VUE Red Line
2004 ION-3 Quad Coupe
Default Re: 2006 Redline

The parts you are looking for are called the "Fog Lamp Bezels". The right part number is 15869765 and the left part number is 15869764.

These parts were discontinued by GM several years ago. When I was rebuilding my Redline about 2 years ago after the prior owner destroyed the front bumper, I wasn't able to find replacements for the Redline specific fog lamp bezels. GM no longer carries the part, aftermarket options are non-existent for the Redline, and I had no luck finding them in junkyards.

It's disappointing that GM no longer carries this part, but with that said, I can't say I'm surprised that the parts aren't available when there are only a few thousand of the 06/07 Vue Redlines floating around. It probably just doesn't make sense for GM to go through the trouble of sourcing another vendor for this part when the demand for it is going to be very low based on how few vehicles were built by GM. Likewise, it wouldn't make sense for an aftermarket company to make them because of the low demand. I suppose this is what we get when we purchase a rare/specialty model from a discontinued brand.

I ended up purchasing a regular Vue bumper and the chrome fog lamp bezels to use on my Redline. The regular bumper and chrome fog lamp bezels are readily available from both GM and many aftermarket companies. It obviously doesn't have the same look as the Redline front bumper, but at least it looks better than a bumper without the bezels.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to col_dude190's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help col_dude190 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
col_dude190 is offline   Reply With Quote