SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2015, 09:35 AM   #1
Lady_saturn
Lady_saturn is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default 2000 Saturn ls1 Help

Hello I have a 2000 Saturn ls1 and I've just recently received a cylinder head job .. Every gasket has been replaced along with this job. I recently just got the carback Thursday 1st time cranking since head job every thing ran fine and finally got it home and the next day it wouldn't crank I searched and found that taping the starter would work and it did so we finally got it start yesterday and all we see is heavy white smoke coming from back pipe what could that be ?? We decided to take it for a drive any way and as the drive progress the car started staggering and at some time seem to be acting as if it want to cut off??? Mean while the smoked stopped .. We took it to get a code reading and PO300 came up Can any one tell me what's this could possibly be?? It has oil coolent is at a good level all though the first day it seem to had ran out quick that was the case sat. HELP??????

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Lady_saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Lady_saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Lady_saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2015, 12:18 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 2000 Saturn ls1 Help

Did you return the car to the place that did repairs? It seems to me they are liable for anything related to this recent engine repair with a warranty. Anyone here can speculate after engine repairs and may give conflicting advise unless the repair shop is given the opportunity to see the car and determine if it's their work caused this problem. With a brief description, it does seem to be related to recent repairs.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 12:22 PM   #3
Lady_saturn

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

A newly mechanic friend of mine did the job.. His 1st time doin anything like it..
😔😔

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Lady_saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-28-2015, 01:27 PM   #4
Russet
Russet will become famous soon enoughRusset will become famous soon enough

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_saturn View Post
A newly mechanic friend of mine did the job.. His 1st time doin anything like it..
😔😔
Not good...it should have someone experienced with background on Saturn repairs not a first timer.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Russet's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Russet reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Russet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:41 AM   #5
soulsurvives
soulsurvives has a spectacular aura aboutsoulsurvives has a spectacular aura aboutsoulsurvives has a spectacular aura about

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

white smoke is coolant getting into the engine where it should not be......do not drive it and take it back to get it repaired properly......dont ever let someone do work on your car if they cant prove they know what they are doing.....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to soulsurvives's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help soulsurvives reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
soulsurvives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 12:01 PM   #6
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_saturn View Post
😔😔
Was this friend performing the work at an automotive repair shop or was it a personal job "on the side?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsurvives View Post
do not drive it and take it back to get it repaired properly
Agreed. Do not drive this car as you're likely to be risking further internal damage to the engine. Have the car towed back to wherever it was repaired. If this job was performed at an automotive repair shop then they should cover your towing expenses since something in this repair has clearly gone wrong.

275,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 01:29 PM   #7
Lady_saturn

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Resolution to this problem : I Ended up having to get the jobs done over at a shop which cost me about another 2,000$ the head was not tighten down good enough. but since then it's has been riding great no problems until the fuel pump gave out .. thanks for all the replys .

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-26-2017, 05:04 AM   #8
toggenburg
Master Member
toggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to behold

Location: Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Bedford, Virginia

2001 SL1

$2,000 ??
On top of what you paid for the 1st repair, now you need to keep it forever just to 'get your money's worth' out of it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to toggenburg's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help toggenburg reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
toggenburg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 05:49 AM   #9
rb6667
Advanced Member
rb6667 is a splendid one to beholdrb6667 is a splendid one to beholdrb6667 is a splendid one to beholdrb6667 is a splendid one to beholdrb6667 is a splendid one to beholdrb6667 is a splendid one to beholdrb6667 is a splendid one to behold

2004 L-Series 2.2L Wagon
2004 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

Thanks for the follow up.

2004 L-Series Wagon 2.2 218K Miles
2004 L Series Wagon 2.2 68K Miles
2004 L-Series Wagon 3.0 48K Miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rb6667's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rb6667 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rb6667 is offline   Reply With Quote