SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2017, 05:57 PM   #1
Donedidit
Donedidit is on a distinguished road

Default 2004 vue brake light

Hi all.

I'm new to the site so bare with me. So i having issues with my brake lights. All three are not turning on. I have checked the brake fuse under the hood as well as the cruise/brake fuse inside near the passenger leg, both are fine. In addition, i have checked the cruise switch and there is power there but i have no power at the brake switch.
Also, not sure if it is related but my battery is draining even if the car is off and all lights are off.

Thanks in advance.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Donedidit's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Donedidit reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Donedidit is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2017, 08:35 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 2004 vue brake light

Here's a wiring diagram to help. 12v should be live from the 15 amp BRAKE Fuse to one side of the brake switch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (117.0 KB, 9 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 09:13 PM   #3
Donedidit
Donedidit is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 2004 vue brake light

Thank you for the quick reply and diagram. So im not getting power to either wires on the brake switch when engaged. Any idea what that c3 and c100 connection are so that i can trace it back to the fuse and see if there is a bad connection along the line. Thanks again.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Donedidit's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Donedidit reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Donedidit is offline   Reply With Quote