SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2017, 09:26 AM   #1
Driver Tom
Driver Tom is on a distinguished road

Default Highest Mileage Saturns--looking for biggest numbers

Hey all,

I have a local news reporter asking about high-mileage Saturns.

She's aware of a car that's broken 300,000 miles, and wants to know how close that is to a record.

While I know that 300,000 is a solid performance, I am quite positive that
you guys know of better.

What have you got?

-T.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Driver Tom's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Driver Tom reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Driver Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2017, 10:10 AM   #2
Jonasan308
Advanced Member
Jonasan308 is a glorious beacon of lightJonasan308 is a glorious beacon of lightJonasan308 is a glorious beacon of lightJonasan308 is a glorious beacon of lightJonasan308 is a glorious beacon of light

1999 SC1
Default Re: Highest Mileage Saturns--looking for biggest numbers

Well, theres talk about a guy with like 800k running around somewhere. He ought to be a member here.

Theres a couple here with 400k+ and then theres me with 172k. Hahaha....

1999 Saturn SL1-129k at purchase(may 2016)-139k when wrecked(September 2016)

1999 Saturn SC1(This car is cursed)-156K at purchase(october 2016)-170k currently (jun 2017)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jonasan308's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jonasan308 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jonasan308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:12 AM   #3
Driver Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonasan308 View Post
Well, theres talk about a guy with like 800k running around somewhere. He ought to be a member here.

Theres a couple here with 400k+ and then theres me with 172k. Hahaha....

Love to get a pic of one of the 400+ cars, if that person sees this.

Would be for a TV news piece.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Driver Tom reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-24-2017, 11:37 AM   #4
Driver Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver Tom View Post
Love to get a pic of one of the 400+ cars, if that person sees this.

Would be for a TV news piece.
If anyone with a 400,000+ mile Saturn would like to share their experience--maybe with a pic of the OD and a pic of themselves with the car, I can make you mildly semi-famous.

Contact me: Tom@CGauto.com

Thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-24-2017, 10:47 PM   #5
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Quote:
If anyone with a 400,000+ mile Saturn would like to share their experience--maybe with a pic of the OD and a pic of themselves with the car, I can make you mildly semi-famous.

Thanks.
Driver Tom, use the Google Custom Search found on these pages to look for members who've stated that they've crossed the 300K mile threshold. There are three or four within the L-Series forums who claim their cars have gone that far. I believe that I've seen some claim this as well within the S-Series forums (I'm don't frequent those sub-forums very much). The Advanced Forum Search feature is too cumbersome for most searches. Once you've found these members, hover the browser over their login names and click on it to see if they receive p/m's. Or click on the View Public Profile instead and when sent to the next page, look at its contact information there.

273,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

Last edited by pierrot; 07-24-2017 at 10:56 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:16 PM   #6
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Thumbs Up Re: Highest Mileage Saturns--looking for biggest numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrot View Post
Driver Tom, use the Google Custom Search found on these pages to look for members who've stated that they've crossed the 300K mile threshold. There are three or four within the L-Series forums who claim their cars have gone that far. I believe that I've seen some claim this as well within the S-Series forums (I'm don't frequent those sub-forums very much). The Advanced Forum Search feature is too cumbersome for most searches. Once you've found these members, hover the browser over their login names and click on it to see if they receive p/m's. Or click on the View Public Profile instead and when sent to the next page, look at its contact information there.
If its easier, you can also email me their usernames and I can email them directly. I've reached out to some members too. Hopefully we'll get some SaturnFans.com folks included in the story!

Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 07:03 AM   #7
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line

Quote:

Thanks.
Hi Tom,

I've reached out to two owners of 400k+ mileage Saturns, plus a couple others. I'll let you know when I hear something back from them. Still searching for more...

Thanks,
Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 06:12 PM   #8
Driver Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Hi Tom,

I've reached out to two owners of 400k+ mileage Saturns, plus a couple others. I'll let you know when I hear something back from them. Still searching for more...

Thanks,
Charlie
Thank you!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-26-2017, 01:28 PM   #9
Driver Tom

Quote:
Thank you!
Any news?

Hoping to share some long-distance Saturn stats with my friend later today.

Thanks!

-T.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-22-2017, 07:55 AM   #10
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough

1994 SL2
1999 SL

Haven't been here in awhile, but I saw this post- so I thought I would add my two cents.

I had a 94 SC1, that was all original on the auto trans and engine- neither of which had been rebuilt prior to the car surpassing 340,501 miles on the odometer.

I was only the 2nd owner of the car- but I may as well have been the original owner as I bought the car with 59,000 miles on it back in 1997. I owned the car from 1997-2008; when I lost compression in Cylinders 1 and 3. The engine was shot.

I was going to rebuild the engine, but at the time I was starting a family and other life events were more important.

The other cars in my signature reflect a good portion of high mileage cars that I have owned over the past 20 years.

Feel free to reach out to me at my email, if the News reporter would like to do an interview. Bryan.Bertsche@hotmail.com

I have pictures in my gallery as well

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2NDSOUT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 01:22 PM   #11
Chazberry
Master Member
Chazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to behold

2003 VUE 3.0L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Any news?

Hoping to share some long-distance Saturn stats with my friend later today.
You might PM Mr. Highmile ('95 SL1 636k and counting again) . . .
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=232078

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chazberry's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chazberry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chazberry is offline   Reply With Quote