SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2017, 09:57 AM   #1
Danii
Danii is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
Default What Malibu and G-6 parts are customizable??

Hey guys,
So I just bought my first car the other day, and it's an 07 Saturn aura XE
I know Saturn is gmc and I also read some Chevy Malibu's and Pontiac G-6's parts fit the aura but I can't find which parts do and don't and if the years have to line up. I know some I'll be able to figure out when looking at them but I mostly want to know if I should be looking for g6/Malibu parts as well.
Mainly looking for a front right ball joint and caliper.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Danii's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Danii reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Danii is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2017, 12:23 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: What Malibu and G-6 parts are customizable??

Did you try rockauto? They seem to have a better list with images for online shopping, listing OEM and other numbers while allowing anyone to cross reference parts against other models. That used to be exclusive to the catalog stock room guys you'd have to call and then they're only talking to repeat customers (repair shops, dealers, etc) for in depth info regular customers won't have. If you start with OEM numbers, you may be able to choose any other model and check the list of parts to see if the same part is used. One member here has experience with parts searches as a former counter jockey familiar with matching parts across models. This requires experience learned from years of exposure not everyone wants to know.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 04:48 PM   #3
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: What Malibu and G-6 parts are customizable??

Welcome to SaturnFans, Danii!

I am fully in agreement with what's in fdryer's post above. I'm fairly sure that I'm the "former counter jockey" referred to above. (I don't think anyone else in SaturnFans has identified themselves as a former auto parts counterman.) RockAuto.com is the best source to use for comparing part numbers across brand lines under the same corporate manufacturer. I've used their website many times for exactly that purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danii View Post
Hey guys,
So I just bought my first car the other day, and it's an 07 Saturn aura XE......some Chevy Malibu's and Pontiac G-6's parts fit the aura but I can't find which parts do and don't and if the years have to line up. I know some I'll be able to figure out when looking at them but I mostly want to know if I should be looking for g6/Malibu parts as well.
Mainly looking for a front right ball joint and caliper.
So I did my own checking for '07 only and the front calipers are identical (I wasn't verifying rear calipers, just FYI), however ball joints are not serviced as separate items. You must replace the control arm in order to replace the ball joint. Control arms are, as with the front brake calipers, identical on the Malibu and the G6. Since these cars are share the same platform much of the suspension and braking system will have identical parts. If I'm understanding the AURA designations correctly then your car's engine is a 3.5L and it, too, is also shared between these three car models. This means that you've got other powertrain related components which are found on each of them as well.

273,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote