SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2006, 07:28 PM   #21
mellissam
mellissam will become famous soon enoughmellissam will become famous soon enough

2006 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: 2006 Headlight Bulb changeout

This post says it all....for the most part...great mod
Scroll down to m4gician 2nd post. I did the mod and it works great!!!
Very pleased.
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...light=sylvania

'Silven'

K&N / Sheep seats / Run Brds / Roof Rack / Fog Lps / Trailer Hitch / Air Horns / LEDs / Power Inv. / Cool Blues

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mellissam's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mellissam reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mellissam is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2013, 05:27 PM   #22
Vue2Tow
Vue2Tow is on a distinguished road

Default 2006 Headlight Bulb changeout

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarnsVue06 View Post
I replaced the Low and High Beam bulbs in our Vue yesterday with Sylvania Silverstars.

What a pain in the butt for the first time removing the headlight capsules.

My take on this thing.

{START RANT}

1. Two screws on the top of each headlight (easy ),
2. 4 screws in the fascia (umm, okay ),
3. Use a screwdriver and release the lower bracket (Pain in the *****, took forever to get this right ),
4. Pull and stress fascia as a second person pulls on headlight (scary, OUCH watch my finger!, Sorry Honey. ),
5. Carefully angle headlight to get the "painted fascia" to come of out the slots on the bottom of the light. (Oh please don't scratch the paint! )
6. Small Flat blade screwdriver to release the plugs from the headlight connectors (scary, be gentle, but be firm )
7. Twist light bulb out of housing. (easy )
8. Now go to the other side and do the other light. (Ugggh, )

{END RANT}

If you attempt to do this yourself, look it up in the owners manual first. I have the service manual, as well, and it provided virtually no help on this process.
GREAT post- it took me longer to find the socket than to change the 9006 bulb. The "red" and "green" arrows really helped. My unit just slid out and was a snap to change - thanks Larry {:>o}

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Vue2Tow's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Vue2Tow reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Vue2Tow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:46 PM   #23
Bismarck318
Advanced Member
Bismarck318 is on a distinguished road

Location: Heart of the Rustbelt, AKA The Angry White Planet Ohth

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vue2Tow View Post
GREAT post- it took me longer to find the socket than to change the 9006 bulb. The "red" and "green" arrows really helped. My unit just slid out and was a snap to change - thanks Larry {:>o}
What red & green arrows???

For the Life of me I dunno why they changed the design they went with on the '06, more dealer friendly??.. the '02-05 was much cleaner & easier to maintain.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bismarck318's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bismarck318 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bismarck318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 12:09 PM   #24
Bismarck318
Advanced Member

2006 VUE 3.5L

If these are such a PITA, why would you use a lamp that only has 100-200 hrs of life as the Silverstars. The standard base lamps are rated for 1000 hrs which should be about 10 years.

Naturally if you are in the colder climates these lamps will expire in the winter months when you need them the most & are the hardest to change.

I found at least on the Driver side that I just replaced, someone did me a favor by either disconnecting or breaking that clip that's hard to get to, it was surprisingly easy to change after reading your horror stories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellissam View Post
This post says it all....for the most part...great mod
Scroll down to m4gician 2nd post. I did the mod and it works great!!!
Very pleased.
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...light=sylvania

There still a shield in front of the 9006 lamp, is the 9005 a bit brighter? I know the 9005 does not have the tip coated.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Bismarck318 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-31-2017, 02:09 PM   #25
04Vuesilver
Advanced Member
04Vuesilver is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line

Since someone else already revived this thread, I'll add to it.

About a month ago, I put in LED headlights and love them. The only problem I have with them is that the high beams aren't really any brighter than the low beams, though as bright as those are that really isn't a problem.

Pulling the headlights out wasn't a problem at all, just two bolts and pry the tab. On the driver side, the plastic clip with the tab was already broken. The only thing that was hard for me, is the LED bulbs didn't clear the radiator support, so I had to notch it for them to fit

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 04Vuesilver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 04Vuesilver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
04Vuesilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 12:02 PM   #26
Bismarck318
Advanced Member

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Vuesilver View Post
Since someone else already revived this thread, I'll add to it.

About a month ago, I put in LED headlights and love them. The only problem I have with them is that the high beams aren't really any brighter than the low beams, though as bright as those are that really isn't a problem.
@ what cost?

I see the difference in the 9005's are + 5w, but I never found the lifespan, the base 9006's are 1000 hrs as opposed to your super "silverstars" rated @ 200 hrs. Up North I'm sure we burn these more thatn in the sunny Sunbelt areas.

Why is everyone so "hellbent" on blinding oncoming traffic?

What I really wanted to try was Diachloric yellows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Vuesilver View Post
Pulling the headlights out wasn't a problem at all, just two bolts and pry the tab. On the driver side, the plastic clip with the tab was already broken. The only thing that was hard for me, is the LED bulbs didn't clear the radiator support, so I had to notch it for them to fit
Not a problem here, on the driver side anyway someone either disconnected or broke the nasty (& apparently useless) clip that is so hard to unlatch.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-25-2017, 04:02 PM   #27
Vue6
Vue6 is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE Red Line

...I'VE OWNED MY O6' SINCE NEW AND CHANGED MY BULBS ONCE SO FAR , THEY ARE SILVERSTARS, BOTH HIGH/LOW BEAMS, MAKE SURE YOU DON'T TOUCH THE BULBS,WHEN INSTALLING, DC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Vue6's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Vue6 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Vue6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 03:28 PM   #28
Bismarck318
Advanced Member

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vue6 View Post
...I'VE OWNED MY O6' SINCE NEW AND CHANGED MY BULBS ONCE SO FAR , THEY ARE SILVERSTARS, BOTH HIGH/LOW BEAMS, MAKE SURE YOU DON'T TOUCH THE BULBS,WHEN INSTALLING, DC
So you really don't have the exact longetivity on the original lamps? Assuming I have the originals, 11.5 years on the one with the other still going. My DLR Ballast has been burned out for about 3 years at least by now, so no excess wear on the lamps.

These appear to be the standard Sylvania's that are in there.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-13-2017, 08:59 PM   #29
Vue6
Vue6 is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE Red Line

...Yea, I changed over to the silverstars when the vue was new, didn't like the factory yellow lights, which were sylvania's also. The silverstars have been a good bulb to me. I've also had to change out the ballast resistor, so my drl are on always, DC.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Vue6's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Vue6 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Vue6 is offline   Reply With Quote