SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Events
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2016, 06:03 PM   #1
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default BORED millennials?

Its incredible how the new generation of millennials are ignoring warnings against driving while distracted. Bored drivers with nothing else to do and assume they have complete control of their vehicles? I'm not singling out millennials among the rest of the population ignoring the warnings and ample evidence of distracted driving from the main point of paying attention to driving.

Lawsuit blames Snapchat’s speed filter for Georgia car crash; http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/28/11...-accident-suit

Snapchat 'Speed Filter' Led to Georgia Car Crash, Lawsuit Alleges; http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-m...lleges-n563616

Snapchat speed filter blamed for 107-MPH highway accident; http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/26/tech...-speed-filter/

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2016, 05:11 PM   #2
bumpdraft
Master Member
bumpdraft is a jewel in the roughbumpdraft is a jewel in the roughbumpdraft is a jewel in the roughbumpdraft is a jewel in the rough

1998 SC2
1998 SW2
Default Re: BORED millennials?

Gag me with a selfie stick and bring on the driverless cars

Competition Clutch 10Lb. Flywheel. 12 stalls to date (and loving it)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bumpdraft's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bumpdraft reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bumpdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 11:36 PM   #3
cirdanlunae
cirdanlunae is on a distinguished road

1997 SW2

"90s kid"/"millennial" reporting

(is 24 the age for a "millennial?" let's say so.)

I always hear people my age say "older generations don't understand our [my] generation." They say that we're not as entitled as others say we are, and that we're actually better at life than older generations.

No, we're not. I ALWAYS see people my age texting and driving, and when I ask them, they always have an excuse. They can't take responsibility, nor do they see that what they are doing is dangerous!

I apologize for my generation...I guess I was raised right. I wish that society, and my generation, would start calling people out more for reckless behaviors. When we see a post on social media where someone is posting while driving/"snapchatting"/etc., we need to tell them that their activity is not okay. Make them feel bad...yes, tell a millennial to feel bad, you might "offend" them a little.

As a teacher, kids are the most important thing. I always keep an eye out for children while driving...you NEVER know when they'll chase that ball onto the road. If you have a phone in your hand, looking down...you'll never see them until it's too late.

edit: sorry for the necromancy!

1997 Saturn SW2 - happy 20th birthday!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cirdanlunae's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cirdanlunae reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cirdanlunae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:47 PM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Never apologize for your generation!? Your self effacing attitude shows a caring character trait that's mature enough to know the difference between "I just gotta' answer this call" stupidity and knowing a cell call or text isn't a life and death decision, apparently a belief held by many insisting on texting while driving. Unfortunately, the older generation shares this stupidity too so morons, idiots and imbeciles come in all ages.

There's a story worth repeating; a co worker going home in rush hour traffic that's crawling when the moron on the phone behind him rear ends my co worker twice!?. The first time was enough to glare thru the rear view mirror to see the imbecile acknowledge his own stupidity. But the second time in less than a mile down the road? My friend got out of his car and gave the moron a few choice words of wisdom. My co worker is 6' 2" and about 220 lbs. The driver got the hint. And this moron is in his forties without a clue after so many years of driving "experience".

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 12:56 AM   #5
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

^Agreed. We all share the same capacity for goodness and decency, bad judgment and moronic behavior. It includes me.

If anything, the baby-boom generation (mine) has much to answer for. Foolish statements or ideas such as: question authority, free love, don't trust anyone over the age of 30, college riots and sit-ins, major illicit drug use, Vietnam war protests, the "me" generation, etc...It has passed down to it's children, who are millenials, the foolishness of their youths which lasted into adulthood. I see some of it around me with parents of my children's friends and the damage it has done to them. It's painful.

275,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:22 AM   #6
rb6667
Advanced Member
rb6667 is a splendid one to beholdrb6667 is a splendid one to beholdrb6667 is a splendid one to beholdrb6667 is a splendid one to beholdrb6667 is a splendid one to beholdrb6667 is a splendid one to beholdrb6667 is a splendid one to behold

2004 L-Series 2.2L Wagon
2004 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

To expand on this conversation, This texting stuff has created a generation of people with no social skills. Some can't carry on a Verbal conversation at all.

I've tried to engage some and all you get is yes, no or I don't know, even when the subject requires an answer that should be more than just a few words.

Very sad!

2004 L-Series Wagon 2.2 218K Miles
2004 L Series Wagon 2.2 68K Miles
2004 L-Series Wagon 3.0 48K Miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rb6667's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rb6667 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rb6667 is offline   Reply With Quote