SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Relay > Relay Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2017, 12:08 PM   #1
chin00kie
chin00kie is on a distinguished road

Dizzy Radiator replacement

I cannot figure out how to remove and replace the radiator on my 2007 Relay. I have searched thoroughly but all discussions are for earlier models. With the Motor Mounts over the top of the radiator it almost seems like they have to be removed to get to the radiator. Where can I find a walk-through that will show me how to remove the radiator. Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to chin00kie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help chin00kie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
chin00kie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2017, 08:01 PM   #2
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: Radiator replacement

Since there are no Saturn Relay owners replying then I think you should consider picking up a subscription to http://www.alldatadiy.com/

It's an excellent source for mechanical repair information. You could always purchase a Haynes Manual through a parts store or online.
(I tried searching for radiator removal with a Chevy Uplander and a Pontiac Montana also as they are on the same platform, but could find nothing.)

275,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:01 PM   #3
NotaNigRigged04
NotaNigRigged04 is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Sedan
1998 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: Radiator replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by chin00kie View Post
I cannot figure out how to remove and replace the radiator on my 2007 Relay. I have searched thoroughly but all discussions are for earlier models. With the Motor Mounts over the top of the radiator it almost seems like they have to be removed to get to the radiator. Where can I find a walk-through that will show me how to remove the radiator. Thanks
You would most likely have to support your motor with either an engine hoist from above (Most decent tool rental places have them to rent out), or a hydraulic jack from underneath, than disconnect and remove the mounts to get them out of your way and also dismantle anything else that might be in your way. And of course, If you choose to use a jack to support your engine, just be sure to place a board on top of the jack to help disperse the weigh of the motor, that way the jack won't make a dent in your oil pan.

With some vehicles they leave just enough room so that you can get away with supporting the motor with a jack and just have to disconnect one mount and work the radiator up and out at an angle

I've also had to do it that same way when I changed the two front "overhead" 4-piece mounts on a '96 Buick Regal Custom that I had and recently got rid of after 11 years. I also got real tired of having to do it while replacing the intake, plenum and head gaskets and internal EGR on it's 3800, Series-II, 3.8-V6 with it's plastic intake every 10k-12k miles, or every 3 or 4 years or so. It's front crankshaft seal also liked to start leaking about a quart of oil per day. every 15k or so.
Interior and exterior were near perfect condition, so it was kinda sad that it went to the scrap yard with only 78k miles on it, but it really wasn't worth throwing another dime into as it was becoming a headache/money-pit. lol

Good Luck!

If it ain't broke....you probably didn't beat on it hard enough! Doh!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NotaNigRigged04's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NotaNigRigged04 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NotaNigRigged04 is offline   Reply With Quote