SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2017, 12:16 AM   #1
Morganthecat
Morganthecat is on a distinguished road

Default Weird Oil Leak

I think I posted in the wrong section with my question so I will try this section sorry about that. So My 1996 Saturn SL2 started leaking oil in an odd location... I bought the car in 2000, replaced a lot of the stuff and haven't had any problems. Last night I parked my car running for a about 10 minutes while I tried to get in my friends gate. As I shut the gate after my car was inside I noticed a large thin puddle of oil. I felt it and can tell its only oil. AsI moved my car up the drive the oil light came on and the temp light. I turned my car off and opened the hood I noticed the oil was coming from a connector going into the radiator...?The oil was under the fan area and I didnt notice oil actually leaking when my car was off. This morning there was only a drop under the forward drivers right side on the driveway. I called and had my baby towed to my repair shop...there closed today with it being Sunday. When my Saturn was up on the flatbed I could see oil just on the undercarrage again forward drivers right side. The oil was pure no milky look or touch...no burnt smell- I have my oil changed regularly. The oil cap was not tainted and nothing different in the coolant container. Again it looked like it was coming from a connector in the radiator area. Thanks for some help Richard!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Morganthecat's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Morganthecat reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Morganthecat is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2017, 01:58 AM   #2
magician22773
magician22773 will become famous soon enough

1997 SL
2001 SL1
Default Re: Weird Oil Leak

nothing at all in that area that would be leaking oil. You do have transmission lines running into your radiator, assuming you have an automatic trans. But that would not explain your oil light coming on.

Unless you have a severe leak somewhere else, and the oil was running down the trans cooler lines, I cant think of anything that would look like the situation you described

If your leak is coming from the connector by the red arrow ... thats transmission fluid ... and doesn't explain the oil light. trans.jpg

Last edited by magician22773; 01-23-2017 at 02:06 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to magician22773's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help magician22773 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
magician22773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:06 PM   #3
toggenburg
Master Member
toggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to behold

Location: Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Bedford, Virginia

2001 SL1

On flat ground, cold engine, pull both dipsticks (engine oil and IF automatic, that dipstick also).....one of them should reveal what's happened.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to toggenburg's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help toggenburg reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
toggenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 04:57 PM   #4
jasenpeters
jasenpeters is on a distinguished road

1996 SC2
1996 SC2

1 Picture = 1000 words...

Re-Animated: 2015-08-18, 220,497 + 6000 Miles
1996 SC2 DOHC, Manual, 220k, 36mpg Hwy

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jasenpeters's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jasenpeters reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jasenpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 06:46 PM   #5
gveinot
gveinot is a jewel in the roughgveinot is a jewel in the roughgveinot is a jewel in the roughgveinot is a jewel in the rough

2000 SL2
2000 SL2

maybe someone added an aftermarket oil cooler ?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gveinot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gveinot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gveinot is offline   Reply With Quote