SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Green Line
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2015, 03:24 PM   #1
havok
havok is on a distinguished road

Default 2007 Vue Liftgate wiring repair

I'm hoping that by re-posting in a different forum, I might find someone with some suggestions to fix this dilemma.

Thanks be to the almighty termite, whose hole alignment to manually lock/unlock the liftgate in my Vue was so spot on I only needed to drill a 3/8 inch hole for access.

But now the problem wasn't the lock actuator, of course. Once open, the actuator worked perfectly. My first instinct was that it was getting weak after 150,000 miles and that I should still put in the replacement not a big deal and only $50 expended. With the new OEM part in place, I found the same result the actuator works when the liftgate is open but not closed. So, I pulled the rubber boot out of the body and liftgate and I see bare copper on some of the wires. Unfortunately, there is no where near enough slack for me to pull this clump of wiring out far enough to effect repairs.

So, my question then becomes, does the liftgate wiring harness feed all the way back up to the fuse box, etc. or is there another connector under the headliner such that the liftgate wiring harness could be disconnected and just plugged back in? If such a thing is possible, does anyone know the part number for the wiring harness? If such a thing isn't possible, does anyone have a wiring diagram so I know which wires I have to try and deal with in that wiring mess?

Thanks, as always, for everyone's valuable assistance.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to havok's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help havok reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
havok is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2015, 04:35 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 2007 Vue Liftgate wiring repair

Have you considered subscribing to alldata or Mitchell for online access to service manuals? I had access to both and they are either direct copies of factory service manuals or better. A member here was gracious enough to allow me (limited) access to his subscription to alldata for his '08 Vue while someone else shared temporary access to Mitchell online. Mitchell has color wiring diagrams for great contrast. Both are worth the subscription. Some members here were able to access alldata, free from their local library.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 09:35 PM   #3
havok

I have subscribed to Alldata DIY in the past. I'm not sure that the wiring diagrams are going to show me where the wiring harness actually physically plugs together. I was hoping for some first-hand guidance in that direction.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help havok reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-26-2016, 07:34 PM   #4
spenser4
spenser4 is on a distinguished road

This might help you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wiring view-1.jpg (142.0 KB, 13 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf wiring 2.pdf (16.7 KB, 13 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spenser4's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spenser4 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
spenser4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 02:19 PM   #5
blacknbluevue
blacknbluevue is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 2.2L

Go to your local pick and pull and do a little investigation on a like vehicle. Take a camera and notebook and make your own diagram.

1991 SL1 5 sp 120K mi SOLD
2004 Ion 2 L61 5 sp 155K mi SOLD
2005 VUE L61 5 sp 181K mi LOST IN TS JOAQUIN 10/2015
2007 VUE L61 5 sp 120K mi

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to blacknbluevue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help blacknbluevue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
blacknbluevue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 06:05 PM   #6
havok

great idea ... but already explored that option and there has been nothing in my immediate vicinity for me to check out or scavenge ... the best "you pick" places around here stopped allowing diy-ers to pick through their stuff ... maybe liability issues?

thanks for the fantastic idea though ... it is greatly appreciated!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!