SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2016, 11:44 PM   #1
atticanne
atticanne is on a distinguished road

2002 SL1
Default Howdy from TX

I am new to Saturn. A little over a week ago, a friend told me about a friend of his who wanted to see his wife's old car at a reasonable price ($700). I paid half then and will pay the rest next month, but I got the 2002 SL1 Sport Sedan delivered to my driveway. And there it sits. Problem #1: I can't get the key to turn. Well, I did twice, both times in the driveway. It came with 2 keys and I jiggle both and still nothing usually. So I hit the 'Net and found this site. So far, I am really impressed with the knowledge shared here. Until I learn how to hold my mouth right, I'm stuck until I get the title and can get a dealer key made. I'm not a quitter and I'm looking forward to getting on down the road in my Saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to atticanne's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help atticanne reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
atticanne is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2016, 12:47 AM   #2
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: Howdy from TX

Welcome to SaturnFans, atticanne!
Quote:
Originally Posted by atticanne View Post
......I am really impressed with the knowledge shared here......
That makes two of us! (Of course, there are many more.) Be sure to add your knowledge wherever you see fit to do so within SaturnFans.

276,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 11:40 AM   #3
Astrofarian
Astrofarian is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2
Default Re: Howdy from TX

Welcome from Manitoba, Canada. Sadly, the "key thing" you refer to is very common on S-series cars. BUT, the dealer may not be the only option you have here. See if any nearby locksmiths specialize in automotive work (An awful lot of them DO.) Simply bringing your existing key to a locksmith should allow him/her to read and decode the cuts on your key and generate a "clone" of the original key. This would be a "code-cut" key, NOT a duplicate or copy of a worn key....which you already know doesn't work.
This may or may not solve your problem. I have replaced 5 or 6 ignition lock cylinders on S-series cars over the past 20 years......some in parking lots after trying the code-cut key approach. Roll the dice but be prepared to replace or rebuild the lock cylinder even if it does roll for you with a nicely-cut key.
-M!ke-

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Astrofarian's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Astrofarian reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Astrofarian is offline   Reply With Quote