SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Red Line
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2016, 09:19 PM   #1
2004VueRedline
2004VueRedline is on a distinguished road

Default Rear clunking Vue redline front wheel drive

Hi all,

I had my redline since new. It has 104,000. It has spent all its life in hot climates, no snow and very little rain.

Most of the bushings back and front are drying up, so I started replacing since I was getting the clunking in the rear and the car hasn't been handling great.

The diagnosis for clunking is the rear knuckle bushings.
GM part numbers 21990384, 21990386 upper/lower.

Two wheel drive knuckle with bushings 10374326 Only left side available through a dealer.

Anyone know where to get these bushings? I'd like to replace both sides and would like to forgo changing the whole knuckle, unless someone knows where to get the best deal and both sides.

Thanks
Salvatore

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2004VueRedline's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2004VueRedline reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2004VueRedline is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2016, 09:39 PM   #2
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Rear clunking Vue redline front wheel drive

What about the swaybar end links and bushings( both maintenance items)? for that age... MIght as well do all at same time. YOu can source generic poly SB bushings( ENergy Suspension) and the clamp, as a set, that goes over them( with zerk grease fittings) at most 4x4/truck shops. MAny sizes to choose from- there should be some to fit your VUe< this is what I did.

'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billysvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billysvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billysvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 10:22 PM   #3
2004VueRedline
2004VueRedline is on a distinguished road

Yes, I agree. I have replaced both front control arms and sway bar end bushings.

On the rear changed the lower control arm bushings, sway bar bushings and complete new lateral arms.

Only things not changed are the inner and outer tie rods, axles/CV joints in front and the knuckle bushings in back.

Today I ordered the left side knuckle since that is the only part still available.

I may have a bushing company look at the old ones in the old knuckle and see if they can match something up.

I have contacted four different bushing companies and they don't know how to cross reference or match something up.

In other words, the people that supply bushings, so far, do not have an answer.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2004VueRedline's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2004VueRedline reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2004VueRedline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 07:02 AM   #4
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004VueRedline View Post
Yes, I agree. I have replaced both front control arms and sway bar end LINKS<( fixed it for you).
I have contacted four different bushing companies and they don't know how to cross reference or match something up.

In other words, the people that supply bushings, so far, do not have an answer.
If you are capable of reading a micrometer, just measure the OD of your swaybar where the bushings ride, then, take that measurement to a local 4x4x shop ( 4Wheel parts, for instance) that has a good selection of ENERGY SUSPENSION poly bushings, pull the ones off the shelf you need and go back to your garage and get busy.
Or measure it, then order the correct size from Fleabay/ AMazon.

What I did^ - about 25$ a set.

'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billysvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billysvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billysvue is offline   Reply With Quote