SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2014, 12:54 PM   #1
satlite440
satlite440 is a splendid one to beholdsatlite440 is a splendid one to beholdsatlite440 is a splendid one to beholdsatlite440 is a splendid one to beholdsatlite440 is a splendid one to beholdsatlite440 is a splendid one to beholdsatlite440 is a splendid one to beholdsatlite440 is a splendid one to behold

2001 SL2
Default special policy coveage for p/s pump&steering gear houseing

#14329: Special Coverage Adjustment - Loss of Power Steering Assist - (Sep 16, 2014)
Subject: 14329 Special Coverage Adjustment Loss of Power Steering Assist

Models: 2008-2011 Buick Enclave
2009-2011 Chevrolet Traverse
2007-2011 GMC Acadia
2007-2010 Saturn OUTLOOK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition
Some 2008-2011 model year (MY) Buick Enclave, 2009-2011 MY Chevrolet Traverse, 2007-2011 MY GMC Acadia, and 2007-2010 MY Saturn OUTLOOK vehicles may develop a power steering pump wear condition that can cause an intermittent drop of power steering hydraulic pressure that will cause reduced or loss of steering assist. The vehicle may revert to manual steering which requires greater driver effort, particularly at low vehicle speeds.

Special Coverage Adjustment
This special coverage covers the condition described above for a period of 10 years or 150,000 miles (240,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, regardless of ownership.

Dealers are to flush the power steering system, replace the power steering pump, and if it hasn't already been replaced, install a new steering gear valve housing. The repairs will be made at no charge to the customer.

For vehicles covered by Vehicle Service Contracts, all eligible claims with repair orders on or after September 5, 2014, are covered by this special coverage and must be submitted using the labor operation codes provided with this bulletin. Claims with repair orders prior to September 5, 2014, must be submitted to the Service Contract provider.

Vehicles Involved
All involved vehicles are identified by Vehicle Identification Number on the Applicable Warranties section in GM Global Warranty Management system. Dealership service personnel should always check this site to confirm vehicle involvement prior to beginning any required inspections and/or repairs. It is important to routinely use this tool to verify eligibility because not all similar vehicles may be involved regardless of description or option content

shure you can trust the government,just ask us indians all about it...

heavy line the final protective fire line of the dealership

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to satlite440's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help satlite440 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
satlite440 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2014, 10:06 AM   #2
Harald
Harald is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
Default Re: special policy coveage for p/s pump&steering gear houseing

Quote:
Originally Posted by satlite440 View Post
The vehicle may revert to manual steering which requires greater driver effort, particularly at low vehicle speeds.
These texts are hilarious!

I'm a strong guy, and I couldn't *budge* the steering wheel when my P/S pump was going, unless I revved the engine (which is fun in a parking lot, let me tell you!).

"greater driver effort" - yes, for Hercules maybe...

[ Thanks for posting these, btw. It's nice to see that GM has finally admitted the problems. I had my P/S pump replaced in 2010, and my water pump last year; both under warranty, thank goodness ].

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Harald's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Harald reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Harald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 01:01 AM   #3
Andersan
Andersan is on a distinguished road

This special coverage covers the condition described above for a period of 10 years or 150,000 miles (240,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, regardless of ownership.

Fsi

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Andersan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Andersan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Andersan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 12:19 AM   #4
jimman
jimman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
#14329: Special Coverage Adjustment - Loss of Power Steering Assist - (Sep 16, 2014)
Subject: 14329 Special Coverage Adjustment Loss of Power Steering Assist

Models: 2008-2011 Buick Enclave
2009-2011 Chevrolet Traverse
2007-2011 GMC Acadia
2007-2010 Saturn OUTLOOK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition
Some 2008-2011 model year (MY) Buick Enclave, 2009-2011 MY Chevrolet Traverse, 2007-2011 MY GMC Acadia, and 2007-2010 MY Saturn OUTLOOK vehicles may develop a power steering pump wear condition that can cause an intermittent drop of power steering hydraulic pressure that will cause reduced or loss of steering assist. The vehicle may revert to manual steering which requires greater driver effort, particularly at low vehicle speeds.

Special Coverage Adjustment

Dealers are to flush the power steering system, replace the power steering pump, and if it hasn't already been replaced, install a new steering gear valve housing. The repairs will be made at no charge to the customer.

For vehicles covered by Vehicle Service Contracts, all eligible claims with repair orders on or after September 5, 2014, are covered by this special coverage and must be submitted using the labor operation codes provided with this bulletin. Claims with repair orders prior to September 5, 2014, must be submitted to the Service Contract provider.

Vehicles Involved
All involved vehicles are identified by Vehicle Identification Number on the Applicable Warranties section in GM Global Warranty Management system. Dealership service personnel should always check this site to confirm vehicle involvement prior to beginning any required inspections and/or repairs. It is important to routinely use this tool to verify eligibility because not all similar vehicles may be involved regardless of description or option content
I took my vehicle in and got it repaired last year. I got a letter stating there was a recall, (as mentioned above) and filled out a reimbursement form since I had paid and got it repaired. They reimbursed me for the PS pump but not the gear ($244.00) and I found out that they charged GM for a wheel alignment ($119.00).
So, was the Gear covered in notice 14329 or not? And, I have a 2008 Saturn Outlook and wonder if the Wheel alignment is required? (By the way, there was no mention on my paperwork that they did the alignment, but I have confirmed with Customer Service, that they did!)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jimman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jimman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 12:53 AM   #5
satlite440
satlite440 is a splendid one to beholdsatlite440 is a splendid one to beholdsatlite440 is a splendid one to beholdsatlite440 is a splendid one to beholdsatlite440 is a splendid one to beholdsatlite440 is a splendid one to beholdsatlite440 is a splendid one to beholdsatlite440 is a splendid one to behold

2001 SL2

at this moment the gear assembly is not covered...the upper housing where the spool control is.is covered....if a steering gear is replace an alignment is to be done for toe set under warrenty...recommended for customer pay...

shure you can trust the government,just ask us indians all about it...

heavy line the final protective fire line of the dealership

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to satlite440's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help satlite440 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
satlite440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 03:00 PM   #6
peakcelln
peakcelln is on a distinguished road

Quote:
at this moment the gear assembly is not covered...the upper housing where the spool control is.is covered....if a steering gear is replace an alignment is to be done for toe set under warrenty...recommended for customer pay...
We bought a GM Certified 2009 Saturn Outlook in 2012. in the first month I went to the local GM dealership and complained about the slight "Whining" I heard that sounded like it was a power steering problem. The said it sounded fine. I then went in again a few months later with the same complaint; and once again they said it was the normal engine sound.

A few weeks ago the power steering started leeking and i used soem of the Marvel stop leaked. It fixed for a little bit, but now its worse than ever. We took it into our trusted mechanic and he said there was a Tech Bulliten, but it also said customer had to pay for it. The cost is $915, mostly labor!

Am I covered under #14329, my wife and I are freaking out, we can't even come close to affording this! Please help!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to peakcelln's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help peakcelln reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
peakcelln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 07:33 AM   #7
OnHill
OnHill is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harald View Post

I'm a strong guy, and I couldn't *budge* the steering wheel when my P/S pump was going, unless I revved the engine (which is fun in a parking lot, let me tell you!).

[ Thanks for posting these, btw. It's nice to see that GM has finally admitted the problems. I had my P/S pump replaced in 2010, and my water pump last year; both under warranty, thank goodness ].
Lol, I remember when this happened to me when I stopped off to get some groceries. That damn steering wheel felt like it weight 10 tons. I must have looked like a right weakling struggling to turn the wheel.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OnHill's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OnHill reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OnHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 05:18 PM   #8
Doug C
Doug C will become famous soon enoughDoug C will become famous soon enough

2008 Outlook XE
Attention Re: special policy coveage for p/s pump&steering gear houseing

Quote:
Originally Posted by peakcelln View Post
. . . . Am I covered under #14329, my wife and I are freaking out, we can't even come close to affording this! . . . . .
"... Dealers are to flush the power steering system, replace the power steering pump, and if it hasn't already been replaced, install a new steering gear valve housing. The repairs will be made at no charge to the customer.... "

Unless only applicable to original purchaser !?

doug c

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Doug C's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Doug C reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Doug C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 04:15 AM   #9
Saturnum10
Saturnum10 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harald View Post

Yea, greater driver effort, a understatement to describe a fault. Like, even without pump you can still drive it. Just.......

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturnum10's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturnum10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturnum10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 02:12 PM   #10
Warden1
Warden1 is on a distinguished road

Devil Re: special policy coveage for p/s pump&steering gear houseing

Purchased 2007 Outlook XR with 59,00 miles @64,955 power steering pump and steering gear problem as noted in #14329B SCA memo. Dealer stated that pump is covered but Rack and pinion which is not covered, however in tech notes after service this was diagnosis. Contacted GM concerning their failure to honor this SCA waiting for response. The rep at the 1800 all center which is listed contacted the Dealer and they stated it was the rack and pinion contrary to their initial diagnosis. They could not acces their service invoice directly to see diagnosis. Requested that I fax or email copy. Apparently the rack and pinion has to be removed in order to replace the steering gear. The dealer does not get the per hr rate vs customer rate when conducting these repairs and/or they are double billing for the repair. Charging customer for replacing rack and pinion then billing GM for power steering pump and steering gear.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Warden1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Warden1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Warden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 05:30 PM   #11
ClaireEllison
ClaireEllison is on a distinguished road

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ClaireEllison's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ClaireEllison reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ClaireEllison is offline   Reply With Quote