SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2016, 10:02 PM   #1
BigPaul
BigPaul is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Sedan
Default New Member from Georgia

Hello,

Just bought a 2004 Saturn Ion 4 door, love this car. Wish I would have gotten a Saturn years ago. It's Maroon, gray interior, 5 speed. Only has 61K on it so I think I got a good buy at $3800 including tax and title.

Not sure how to tell which model Ion it is as far as 1 or 2, don't know them well enough to know the difference.

Looking forward to driving it a long time.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BigPaul's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BigPaul reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BigPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2016, 06:34 AM   #2
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: New Member from Georgia

Welcome to the board.......Ya! a 5speed GEt a set of plugs in reserve and pull yours for a proactive looksee/change if gap not ..044"ish,

.......after you change your fluids all'round( please use synthetic oil) and match new color antifreeze to old that you drain( hope its not brown!). If factory fill then it's DEXCOOL( orange) ...... CHeck all coolant hoses, too, very carefully or change for peace of mind since they're 11 years old

plugs: AC DElco Iridium 41105 or step lower AC DELCOplats should work for you....
Ya ddid good.

'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billysvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billysvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billysvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:54 AM   #3
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: New Member from Georgia

It looks like you scored a winner with this one! I have found my 2.2L engine to be highly reliable. As with any automobile do the basics of maintenance regularly, especially the oil changes. With that kind of low mileage it's very likely that you have many, many years of service left in that car. From what I understand, the Ion 2 was the coupe with the small rear "suicide" doors (hinged at the rear edge). Congrats and welcome to SaturnFans!

273,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote