SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2016, 12:56 PM   #1
buffumjr
buffumjr has a spectacular aura aboutbuffumjr has a spectacular aura aboutbuffumjr has a spectacular aura about

Attention Saturn Vue Radio Problem

I was sitting in a parking lot, waiting for someone, with the ACC key on, so I could operate the power windows. The radio came on full volume, even though I did not push the on/off/Vol button. It would not turn off. If you push the on/off/Vol button, it will switch between "on" and "off" modes, but the radio still plays. You cannot control the volume in "off" mode, but you can control the volume in "on" mode. If you don't want the radio, you must turn it to "on" and turn the volume down. The volume is never completely zero.

All the other controls on the radio work.

"on" mode: You see a display of what radio station is currently selected. The radio plays. After 30 seconds, you see the time. All controls are active. You can toggle to "off" by pushing the on/off/Vol button.

"off" mode: You see only the time. The radio still plays. It responds only to push button to toggle back to "on". No other controls are active.

I notice also that the receiver portion is more sensitive to interference than before.

Is my radio hosed, or is there a simple fix>?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to buffumjr's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help buffumjr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
buffumjr is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2016, 06:37 PM   #2
ruley73
Master Member
ruley73 is a name known to allruley73 is a name known to allruley73 is a name known to allruley73 is a name known to allruley73 is a name known to allruley73 is a name known to all

2007 ION-2 Quad Coupe
Default Re: Saturn Vue Radio Problem

What year is your Vue? The radio might be bad, but I'd try pulling all radio-related fuses overnight and see what happens. If all else fails, a used radio can usually be had for under $50 from eBay.

2007 Ion 2 Quad Coupe 5-speed manual 170K miles
2007 Chevy Equinox LT 155K miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ruley73's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ruley73 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ruley73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 12:38 PM   #3
buffumjr
buffumjr has a spectacular aura aboutbuffumjr has a spectacular aura aboutbuffumjr has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruley73 View Post
What year is your Vue? The radio might be bad, but I'd try pulling all radio-related fuses overnight and see what happens. If all else fails, a used radio can usually be had for under $50 from eBay.
2005 Vue. And, it's red.

Ooooh! Checked Ebay, and Sirius equipped Pioneer $290. Maybe, it's time to upgrade! Gonna look for Blaupunkt, Yamaha, and other such.

Last edited by buffumjr; 09-11-2016 at 12:48 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help buffumjr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-11-2016, 06:47 PM   #4
Mr Toad
Mr Toad has a spectacular aura aboutMr Toad has a spectacular aura about

2005 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffumjr View Post
Maybe, it's time to upgrade! Gonna look for Blaupunkt, Yamaha, and other such.
Check Crutchfield. They have some pretty decent units for under $100. They come with adapters for Plug and Play.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Mr Toad's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Mr Toad reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Mr Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 06:32 AM   #5
buffumjr

First I have to deal with the struts, up front. 115K, and they're ready for replacement. Fortunately, years ago, I bought a set of spring compressors.

Payday is soon.

After the struts, I have to make a plastic part to hold the light sensor. The sun crumbled the original, and a replacement is not to be had. Hooray for lathes.

In that time, I'll shop Ebay and Amazon. A $250 - $300 budget is not bad. We've had the Saturn since 2005, and plan to keep it another 10. I owned a Chevy C-10 from 1981 - 2004. The Saturn should last as long. A good radio is an important part of any car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!