SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2016, 11:41 AM   #1
SpaceVagon
SpaceVagon is on a distinguished road

1999 SW2
Default Me and my newly running SW2

Hi, I'm hailing from Maryland and I just got a 99 SW2 running after swapping out a blown head. So far it's a nice little car, lots of room, and lots of work to keep me busy. 205k miles on it and hopefully many more to come.

So far my plans are to clean up the interior, find a new wheel cover to replace the missing one (or find some factory rims), remove the stickers, and install some OEM foglights.

I also would like to fix the peeling clearcoat, so if anyone has any tips on how to do this, I'd really appreciate it.

I'd post some pics but apparently I'm not allowed to post links yet lol. Hopefully soon.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SpaceVagon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SpaceVagon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SpaceVagon is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2016, 12:47 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Me and my newly running SW2

Welcome to Saturnfans! Read the stickies at the top of the S-series tech forums to have first hand info on things that fail with simple solutions. You'll find the remaining issues from many threads repeating the same problems from wear and tear for a wealth of free info second to none on any forum. Some here say better than dealers (none willingly reveal why things break).

As to pictures, links aren't needed. You may create your own picture album unless there's a delay until more posts are made (new member restrictions) or simply add them as thumbnails (the paperclip icon). A fair warning though - file size is restricted to 150 kb and easily exceeded by most digital cameras and cell phones with multiple megabyte pics failing to upload. The simple work around is to resize picture files and reformat to jpeg. I've had no trouble posting a megabyte size picture in JPEG format as thumbnails with many new members doing the same. "Size matters", resizing and formatting seems to work. Once done, previewing before posting ensures editing for grammar and pics are accepted will verify whatever a member wants to show.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 01:57 PM   #3
SpaceVagon

1999 SW2

Thanks. I uploaded a couple resized photos to the gallery that I took this morning on a whim. However when I tried to post them on this thread it still said that I was linking to another site and that wasn't allowed.

VdShDWk - Imgur (1).jpg

J8Y4RnM - Imgur.jpg

QN1SOAf - Imgur (1).jpg

However using the paperclip seems to have worked

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help SpaceVagon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-10-2016, 09:23 PM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Nice pics! Let this thread die and post a new one in the S-series tech forums with your questions. Members there are more likely to reply.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 11:18 PM   #5
SpaceVagon

1999 SW2

Thanks, I will. You've been really helpful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!