SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2016, 12:38 PM   #1
Omen44
Omen44 is on a distinguished road

2009 Outlook XR
Default 09 Saturn outlook overheating

Okay here is my issue. I have an 09 Saturn Outlook. 2wd. XE. I had an issue with the car overheating. I found out a bad water pump. I changed out water pump and thermostat. New coolant. New oil. New thermostat which I bought from GM. New water pump.
My wife tell me it's overheating again yesterday. I find a severed high pressure hose coming from the housing for the thermostat. Replaced that last night. Now when you drive it, it hovers around 210 degrees. And then slowly creeps up. Then Drops back to 210. Fans work. And now I have no idea what's going on. The fan even keep running when I turn car off because it's running hot.
Mileage is 132250
Driving on side street with AC running and blowing cold. Nothing blocking the fans and the engine is very clean.

Please help

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Omen44's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Omen44 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Omen44 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2016, 10:38 PM   #2
Doug C
Doug C will become famous soon enoughDoug C will become famous soon enough

2008 Outlook XE
Question Re: 09 Saturn outlook overheating

Would a really dirty air filter cause overheating down there in Texas ? When was it last inspected/replaced ?

My temp goes to 100 and hovers there even when going cross-country at approx. 118kph, with air temps 27-32c

Or referencing, "... I find a severed high pressure hose coming from the housing for the thermostat..." after you replaced the thermostat. A time when ya would likely spot the damaged hose !?
Are you sure someone in your family does not want ya to buy another vehicle vs the outlook

good luck

Last edited by Doug C; 07-27-2016 at 10:47 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Doug C's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Doug C reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Doug C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:53 PM   #3
Omen44
Omen44 is on a distinguished road

2009 Outlook XR
Default Re: 09 Saturn outlook overheating

Yea not the air filter. It's only 4 months old. I did however have to replace the high pressure hose coming off the thermostat which was easy. And then also changed out the engine coolent temp sensor. And ever since then it's been running like a champ.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Omen44's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Omen44 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Omen44 is offline   Reply With Quote