SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2016, 07:35 PM   #1
SaturnownerinTO
SaturnownerinTO is on a distinguished road

Question 2008 Saturn Aura Radio Lock Code?

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone knows/has updated info regarding how to retrieve the radio code for a 2008 Saturn Aura.

My old radio died (no power to the unit, turn indicator sound not working). I purchased a used radio from an auto salvage and installed it. The unit shows power (and the turn indicator sound works), but the screen displays "LOC".

I've seen other threads on the forum saying to press and hold various radio preset buttons (1&4, 2&3, etc), for 10 seconds to obtain the code; some posts say you then have to press and hold the AM/FM button for the rest of the code. Then you call a GM number, enter your info and it'll provide a new code.

However, I've also seen that this appears to be an OLD process (model year 2000 and earlier) and that newer radios were linked to/associated to the car's VIN.

Any info would be appreciated... I'm kinda dreading having to bring it into a dealership for what seems like such a simple thing.

Thanks,

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnownerinTO's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnownerinTO reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnownerinTO is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2016, 08:51 AM   #2
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR
Default Re: 2008 Saturn Aura Radio Lock Code?

i believe you are thinking of the older radios, thru approx 2000, where people entered a security code. by the days of your car the radio knows the vin of your car and will only work in that vehicle to prevent theft. when getting a new radio im pretty sure need the gm computer to learn the radio to vin of your car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 02:16 PM   #3
SaturnownerinTO
SaturnownerinTO is on a distinguished road

Thanks onefunkar. I called a local GM dealership and they said the same thing...have to hook the car up to their computer to get unlock the radio... They're going to charge me $60 (CDN) for the service though...seems steep, but I might not have another choice

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnownerinTO's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnownerinTO reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnownerinTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 08:32 PM   #4
Gripcon
Gripcon is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE

Thats what you need to do. I paid $50 US a few years ago.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Gripcon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Gripcon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Gripcon is offline   Reply With Quote