SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2016, 06:16 PM   #1
FLuX Unstopable
FLuX Unstopable is on a distinguished road

Default Saturn Ion 2 or 3 2006 beginner mods

Hey everyone I'm new to the forums so I hope this is the right place to post. I have been pursuing these forums and trying to find some information that relates to my soon to be car. It is a Saturn Ion from 2006 in silver. I can not tell if it is the 2 or the 3. But it does have white gauges and power adjustments for the mirrors right next to the power buttons for the windows ( if any of that helps ). I also do not currently know the engine, but plan on finding out this week or next ( getting it from my cousin and she does not know cars that well ). I was just wondering what are just some basic to more complex mods that would increase top speed, horse power, handling and look. I am interesting in getting a turbo for it ( not sure which one, recommendations would be nice if you know some ), maybe a cheap body kit, a nice exhaust system ( kat back ) and some under lights as well. I was just wondering if you guys had some recommendations or other ideas besides what I listed.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FLuX Unstopable's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FLuX Unstopable reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
FLuX Unstopable is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2016, 07:21 PM   #2
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Saturn Ion 2 or 3 2006 beginner mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLuX Unstopable View Post
Hey everyone I'm new to the forums so I hope this is the right place to post. I have been pursuing these forums ... I was just wondering if you guys had some recommendations or other ideas besides what I listed.
BEfore further pursuits, you should peruse some threads on basic maintenance when it comes to the automatic trans, spark plugs, replacing stabilizer links, supension parts.

Get the maintenance history .

Change all the fluids/filters...

Spark plugs get ignored , so pull those when you get it and see how they're burning/gapped.

'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billysvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billysvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billysvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:30 PM   #3
FLuX Unstopable
FLuX Unstopable is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Saturn Ion 2 or 3 2006 beginner mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by billysvue View Post
BEfore further pursuits, you should peruse some threads on basic maintenance when it comes to the automatic trans, spark plugs, replacing stabilizer links, supension parts.

Get the maintenance history .

Change all the fluids/filters...

Spark plugs get ignored , so pull those when you get it and see how they're burning/gapped.
Alright thanks man ! I planned on getting the basic maintenance done before doing much driving in it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FLuX Unstopable's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FLuX Unstopable reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
FLuX Unstopable is offline   Reply With Quote