SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2016, 09:19 AM   #1
Mikesutch
Mikesutch has a spectacular aura aboutMikesutch has a spectacular aura about

Default 2001 Sl1 slams into second gear and occasionally doesnt engage into drive

Hey guys.. Me again. My 2001 Saturn Sl1 just started having trouble engaging the drive gear in the morning when first starting up. It seems to be only when its really cold outside. It'll go into reverse just fine and back up. then I put it in drive and it just revs like its in neutral. I shift from park to drive a few times and finally the drive gear will engage and it works.

I've noticed that it will slam into second when the car is really cold. This has been going on for about a year.

Everything I've read online says I should change the tranny filter and fluid. Is there anything else I may be missing or is this a normal thing for a 2001 SL1 with 136,000 miles on it. Iv'e had it for 2 years and haven't changed the fluid or filter at all.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Mikesutch's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Mikesutch reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Mikesutch is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2016, 09:25 AM   #2
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: 2001 Sl1 slams into second gear and occasionally doesnt engage into drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikesutch View Post
Iv'e had it for 2 years and haven't changed the fluid or filter at all.
What are you waiting for? Get to it.

'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billysvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billysvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billysvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 02:04 PM   #3
Mikesutch
Mikesutch has a spectacular aura aboutMikesutch has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: 2001 Sl1 slams into second gear and occasionally doesnt engage into drive

For those who need this in the future:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEimWgEb65c

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Mikesutch's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Mikesutch reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Mikesutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 02:20 PM   #4
Fish Guy
Fish Guy is on a distinguished road

I recently bought a 2001 Sl1 and it occasionally does the same thing. Did changing your fluid and filter fix your problem?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Fish Guy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Fish Guy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Fish Guy is offline   Reply With Quote